See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with StreSS

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dealing with StreSS

Hey all. I was just wondering how you dealt with stress after multiple sessions. I'm in my late 30s and can't do marathon sessions like I used to. I also feel the stress much more primarily in my neck and shoulders. Sometimes massage helps sometimes it makes it worse. obviously time off is the best but sometimes it takes months to get my muscles back to normal. I do have a full time job aside from this so that may contribute. any suggestions?

Nothing perverted please.

If your neck and shoulders hurt from doing session after session, perhaps don't do so many sessions in a row. Having better posture may help too, as well as taking breaks to stretch. If you add some weight lifting to your exercise routine, it may help strengthen those muscles. Don't clinch your teeth.

I'm assuming the stress is due to the physical awkwardness of sitting and staring at cards. If it's because you're mentally stressed, figure out what's stressing you and fix it. Be aware of the pit, but don't get stressed over them. Try to learn their procedures so there's less unknowns about the things they do. The chips in front of you are just chips. Forget that they can be exchanged for money. If you are concerned about the money, you're probably over betting your BR.

My work and attitude towards work are different than most. If something is bothering me at work, I try and fix it on my own. If I can't, I bring it to my boss. Often they can come up with an easy and innovative solution. We spend most of our lives sleeping and working. Life is too short to not enjoy what you do.
    Last edited by Bubbles; 05-10-2017 at 01:23 AM.

I take Tongkat Ali and Ashwaganda supplements for that condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    If your neck and shoulders hurt from doing session after session, perhaps don't do so many sessions in a row. Having better posture may help too, as well as taking breaks to stretch. If you add some weight lifting to your exercise routine, it may help strengthen those muscles. Don't clinch your teeth.

I'm assuming the stress is due to the physical awkwardness of sitting and staring at cards. If it's because you're mentally stressed, figure out what's stressing you and fix it. Be aware of the pit, but don't get stressed over them. Try to learn their procedures so there's less unknowns about the things they do. The chips in front of you are just chips. Forget that they can be exchanged for money. If you are concerned about the money, you're probably over betting your BR.

My work and attitude towards work are different than most. If something is bothering me at work, I try and fix it on my own. If I can't, I bring it to my boss. Often they can come up with an easy and innovative solution. We spend most of our lives sleeping and working. Life is too short to not enjoy what you do.
    If you can't incinerate a C-note on demand, you should not be gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    If you can't incinerate a C-note on demand, you should not be gambling.
    What does incinerate a c-note mean?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What does incinerate a c-note mean?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Blowing a benjie without a second thought

a benjie by the way is a 100 dollar bill.. ^_~

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk

so is a c note.

Quote Originally Posted by gm7lp View Post
    a benjie by the way is a 100 dollar bill.. ^_~

Sent from my SM-G935S using Tapatalk
    Thank you gm7lp .

I don't want to incinerate money, there's laws against that. I can certainly spend and otherwise use as many as you'd like, on demand, provided they are not my own. haha If they are mine, well, my friend says I am tighter than a gnats ass stretched over a pickle barrel. Good thing I don't gamble.

Thank you gm7lp .

I don't want to incinerate money, there's laws against that. I can certainly spend and otherwise use as many as you'd like, on demand, provided they are not my own. haha If they are mine, well, my friend says I am tighter than a gnats ass stretched over a pickle barrel. Good thing I don't gamble.
    You follow the law? Must be a boring life!

I don't want to incinerate money, there's laws against that.
    I think it was a metaphor for being comfortable parting with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Blowing a benjie without a second thought
    Ideally, you want to think of the benjies as "fun coupons". The Wolf had it down...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qDQiXr-4Hc

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by gm7lp View Post
    I'm in my late 30s and can't do marathon sessions like I used to.
    Excuse me if I find this hilarious. Try doing it at 70. At 40, 50 , 60 sessions were no problem. Team play for 12 hours, no problem. Now with various medical "adjustments" we run into some barriers.

A 30 year old AP concerned about the level of work required is ill prepared for the contest. Suck it up or go home and rest.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast