I just got backed off at my local store and now I really regret having played with a player's card. I usually spread from 25-300 (occasionally 50-500) and followed most of Don's suggestions in BJA3: I would almost never raise a bet after losing, would only occasionally drop my bet after winning, would never jump bets and would leave after showing my max bet (whether I was winning or losing). I tipped whenever I won and occasionally when I lost. I always stood on 16v10 and would only backcount for a round or two if at all. I would, however, leave when the count reached TC-2 unless it was very near the end of the shoe. I played once or twice per week for about 2 years. This morning, I had a good shoe where I won almost $3,000 playing heads up so I left. I returned in the afternoon on a new shift but got the tap almost immediately. I was about even at the store over my career although I think their books incorrectly indicated I was up by over 5K. In retrospect, I think my only real mistake was to use a player's card. I would caution other counters to avoid their use. Sucks to be banned!