The CEO should have kept his mouth shut until the situation was fully assessed, making only a general statement that "The matter is being looked into and blah blah blah" in the meantime instead of attempting to smear the passenger, praise his employees on a job well done, put out a memo to employees about "flying right" and then upon the media shitstorm hitting, flip it around entirely with a seemingly insincere speech on how suddenly he now thinks they might have handled it better.

Based on what you get out of his initial statements, it's a speech that he wouldn't be making unless he had to and when he got back to his office, I wonder if he asked those in his inner circle, "Did I sound convincing enough to those fuckers? I'd like to take some brass knuckles to each and every one of them for threatening my cash flow with their whiney shit!", or words to that effect. His apologetic speech right out the starting gate would have seemed a little more sincere than the way he played it, suddenly scrambling to say whatever apologetic bullshit he thinks he needs to say that completely contradicts what he was saying 24 hours prior before the media shitstorm.

Our WSOP friend got a few teeth broken out, a broken nose, and a concussion is what I'm hearing. The guy is 69 years old, so luckily they didn't injure him far worse than they did or kill him.