Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
"Originally Posted by Bigdaddy
My conclusion is (contrary to popular opinion) that it is probably best in most cases to take at age 66. You can decide for yourself."

Three replied with:
"I helped my uncle with this decision a while back and came to the same conclusion. When I pointed out he could park the money he would defer and earn a return on it he saw the decision wasn't even close. In the very unlikely event that he lived long enough to start accruing a tiny bit extra he would likely not be able to do anything with it anyway."

Further down Moses wrote:

"Unless you are telling me you can take it with you. Acquiring assets is one thing. Enjoying them is quite another. i have to admit being far better at the former than the latter. But Im working on it. "

I put a few bad jokes in the thread, but when all was said and done I decided to take the advice of you three brilliant mathematical minds, and take Social Security at full pay, without the bonus. Thank you all, the subject came up at the perfect time for me.

I'll be filing this away as a decision I don't have to think much about. Thanks.