Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Post - Hi everyone

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

First Post - Hi everyone

Hello all,

I have been stalking this forum for quite some time as I am a brand new player. I've finally worked up the courage to make a post and introduce myself.

I started playing blackjack at home in Aug of last year and practiced several days a week for 6 months. My first time ever sitting down at a blackjack table was January of this year and have been spending the last 2 months getting all the table time I can. My plan is to play low stakes for the entire year ($5 - 2 hands of $35 or 1 spot of $$40 if I cant play 2), because I am just not quite confident to play with my entire BR. I spend a lot of time back counting because of higher table limits so I am seldom playing all.

Alright, I feel like that's a nice short and sweet intro. Back to the practice table!

Hello, those stakes sound very similar to mine when I started out. Small bankroll and small spread. I hope you get some positive variance and start getting a boost on that bankroll. Good luck!

Welcome -

Don't hesitate to post your questions and experiences here. We don't bite (not sure about Moses - just kidding ).

The best way to learn is to get engaged in live play and with the Forum. You'll be challenged and you'll learn and have fun!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Morphy View Post
    " ... blackjack at home ..."
    And where would that be ?

BJ is starkly different from area to area.

Thanks everyone !

Zenmaster
    That was actually literal. I bought a little set up online and made my poor wife deal me over and over in our living room
    As far as my location i am in the eastern pa area

Welcome Morphy. I think I recognize your handle from BJinfo. Keep practicing and keep building the bank. Lot of good info to be learned on these forums. Good luck.

Yes sir. I have ventured out !

Morphy, trusting you will "Morph" into something substantial.

Morpheus "he is the one"

https://youtu.be/RWS2onQlOOE

Well i wish i was that cool
    But i took the name from my favorite chess player
    Last edited by Morphy; 03-11-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybond007 View Post
    Hello, those stakes sound very similar to mine when I started out. Small bankroll and small spread.
    As with me. I get the impression a lot of us had humble beginnings. I haven't asked everyone on the site what their start looked like but I have only heard of one person on here starting with a low to medium 5 figure bankroll spreading to a $100+ top bet.

Quote Originally Posted by NotEnoughHeat View Post
    As with me. I get the impression a lot of us had humble beginnings. I haven't asked everyone on the site what their start looked like but I have only heard of one person on here starting with a low to medium 5 figure bankroll spreading to a $100+ top bet.
    My first actual session I recall waiting patiently for the count to rise. After a while It was time to place my whopping max bet of 40$. Sweating bullets and so nervous looking around making sure the phone didn't ring and was just waiting for the flamethrower to come out. I will remember it forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast