Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange pontoon/spanish 21 variation

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Strange pontoon/spanish 21 variation

Hi,

I've encountered a game with the following rules. 6D, Double on any 2 cards, no double on more than 2 cards if you haven't doubled before. no TENS, 48 cards, Double double up to 3 times(max 4 bets), DDAS, split aces only get one card, ENHC, ES10, 21 win immidiatly even if dealer has ace or 10, Aces when double consider either 11 or 1, soft 21 is not automatic win, but if it's against dealer soft 21 you win, if hard you push, Dealer blackjack has no effect, since if you have 21 you win before he plays(no hole card) insurance pays 5 to 2, blackjack pays 3:2, 5card 21 bonus pays 3:2, sam on 6-7 cards 21, 6-7-8 bonus 3:2, 7-7-7 bonus 3:2.

Now for the most interesting rule,
    After you double, you can either HIT, Re-double, Stand or Surrender .
    Meaning that if you have hard 9 vs dealer 6, you double catch a 2 for hard 11 than you can re double and if you catch an ace for hard 12, you are allowed to HIT it, and if you catch a 9 you also gonna get 3:2 bonus on all three bets.

What do you think is the basic strategy? I'm pretty sure that there is a built in edge.

Would you imagine the HE be around 0.46% like the H17 DDD rule in Spanish?

EDIT:

I ran the above via MGP. I got 0.35% per hand. The BS is the same as the H17 DDD Spanish game with a few exceptions:

11 V dealer 10,A: you HIT rather than DOUBLE
    13 v dealer 6: HIT rather than STAND
    16 v dealer 10: SURR rather than HIT
    16 v dealer A: HIT rather than SURR
    17 v dealer A: HIT (you would normally surrender on a two card 17 v A and hit on a three card; but it looks like you just hit regardless)
    88 v 10: SURR rather than HIT
    88 v A: HIT rather than SURR

INSUR: 12.5% rather than 25%
    Last edited by lij45o6; 02-27-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Why should i use rescue at all?
    I can just HIT, unless it's an original surrender hand.
    Also, if I'm against dealer's 10 or A and i have 21 I automatically win before he pulls his 2nd card (no hole card), so you I shouldn't double on 11 vs A,10? If I catch royalty I automatically win both bets, if I catch A-5 i can hit on the stiff hand without putting more money.

Why should i surrender a 16 vs 10? If I catch a 5 I automatically regardless if he had a natural after.

I think the best strategy is around always double on 11.
    10 double vs 2-9
    9 double vs 2-9
    8 double vs 4-6
    7 and below always double 5-6.

That's because if I double and have 12-14 i can choose to hit.

Soft hands up to a-7 always double against 2-6, the rest like sp21 BS.

No surrender at all.

Please correct me if you think differently, I'll appreciate an explanation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BJjunkey92 View Post
    Why should i use rescue at all?
    I can just HIT, unless it's an original surrender hand.
    Also, if I'm against dealer's 10 or A and i have 21 I automatically win before he pulls his 2nd card (no hole card), so you I shouldn't double on 11 vs A,10? If I catch royalty I automatically win both bets, if I catch A-5 i can hit on the stiff hand without putting more money.

Why should i surrender a 16 vs 10? If I catch a 5 I automatically regardless if he had a natural after.

I think the best strategy is around always double on 11.
    10 double vs 2-9
    9 double vs 2-9
    8 double vs 4-6
    7 and below always double 5-6.

That's because if I double and have 12-14 i can choose to hit.

Soft hands up to a-7 always double against 2-6, the rest like sp21 BS.

No surrender at all.

Please correct me if you think differently, I'll appreciate an explanation.

Thanks
    I don't see any reason WHY your strategy is any more mathematically correct. I will allow the expert to dissect this game. I ran it via a CA, close to covering all possible outcomes. I trust that it is correct unless otherwise stated or proven mathematically.

Ok, may only real question is whether you were able to include ALL the rules I've stated? since there were some unusual rules...

I don't understand how for instance it's makes since to forfeit after double if you can hit in some circumstances.
    For example if i have after double 14 vs dealer's 9 I'll much rather hit than forfeit/surrender
    Last edited by BJjunkey92; 02-28-2017 at 04:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Not busting on Dogman but there are only a few posters whose sims I would trust. Now if Dog Hand or Gronbog had posted sim results I would trust them. Too many can't configure a sim right to trust an unproven quantity. Like I said not a shot at Dogman but he is just being averaged into a huge group with a lot of people whose sim results I wouldn't trust. No reflection on him specifically. Perhaps his results are better than my experience. I have never played the redouble version but I am analysing it. It is a much more complicated analysis than the really complicated analysis of the S17 game.
    No ball busting at all Three!

What I ran I feel is closer to what is expected thus far. Until another result or more results come out, then I will be more than happy to embrace the fact.

The redouble game is much more complex than that of the superior S17 game in the NE area. That is true.

For now, until a processional simmer proves me wrong (hopefully someone else will come along,) I stand by the current results.

Peace

Banned or Suspended

"Have you ever heard of Certainty Equivalent"
    As 96+% <?> of our readers have never studied Statistics and Probability
    A comprehensive discussion of this rather important topic is needed here.

I am looking for informations about CE for advantage players, if you have good links/books talking about.
    (BTW, how "risk averse" is the player in CVCX software ? Maybe i didnt understand).

Quote Originally Posted by KZman View Post
    I am looking for informations about CE for advantage players, if you have good links/books talking about.
    (BTW, how "risk averse" is the player in CVCX software ? Maybe i didnt understand).
    As risk averse as you want to set it

T3
    Just so I u derstand, yoursp21 with S17 dies not have xxx option?
    Rules in my locale are h17 with xxx. Used to be an interesting game - now a useless CSM.

No redouble on S17.
    S17 was never available for me. So, the question is, does S17 with xx overcome H17 with xxx. More curiosity than anything, as I no longer have a close by viable playing venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    S17 was never available for me. So, the question is, does S17 with xx overcome H17 with xxx. More curiosity than anything, as I no longer have a close by viable playing venue.
    S17 without redouble is better than H17 with redouble.

S17 without redouble is better than H17 with redouble.
    I would think that most, though not all of the strategy deviations pertaining to xx v xxx should be pretty straight forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast