Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
Maestro, this is good learning for me. Now, my thought was that even in heads up play, by playing 2 hands in positive decks, I was getting more of the big cards than the dealer because I was receiving two hands to his one. Another thought was that if the cut card in a DD game was going to come out and it's a positive deck, why not go deeper into the deck by having two hands playing?

I wonder if Norm, Don or others would also comment on this.
The general idea of 2 hands is that by covariance, you reduce your per hand bet by a factor. EV essentially remains the same with reduced variance. So, with 2 hands in high counts, provided your bankroll can handle it, why not play your single hand max on both hands. Variance goes up, but so does EV.

Also, your thought of jumping to 2 hands right before the cut card in high counts is a good one (heart notwithstanding) know where you are, and where the cut card is, and you're in business. I do it frequently. The more hands played at high counts, the better off you will be, and this is one strategy of achieving that goal.[/QUOTE]

Zee
Another point. I'm toast in my locale, however, there's a store about an hour away that I can still play, with heavy heat, scrutiny and countermeasures once I'm noticed. Your heads up in a high count, playing your lower stakes min game with Big Bertha (her boyfriend dreads Thursday nights) whispering to the dealer to slow down, the head honcho hawking me alone. I go there maybe 2 or 3 times a year. They've bounced everyone of consequence that played there, but I keep my max down, they are looking for an excuse to bounce me, which they will eventually get.

I have to play the 5-200 game using min of 10 dropping g to 5 in extreme negatives. I went there last week receiving my typical win (there are pluses to this game that make it worthwhile)

I'm playing 1 hand and the The count is good and A good looking ploppy girl sits down, and I can't even ask her to hold off because if my buddy hawking me. In that case, move to 2. Tough to countermeasure that move. Bet is only 70-80 bucks. They won't tolerate more from me. My spread is diwn, but technical play is perfect.

Anyways just to finish the story, leave after an hour or hour and a half cashing out 1100 on 200 buy in, cash cage supervisor grumbling about my nice day at the office. That was last week - next trip maybe August or September.

Two points for you Zee. Know when to spread to 2 hands - don't make any if the excuses if not doubling A7 v6 etc etc, cause you'll annoy the other ploppies. You typically play shitty rules and spread. Don't give up more by making shitty plays.