See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Opinions please

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Opinions please

I've always, regardless of wins or losses, made sure I stayed under Government reporting requirements. I walked into a store where im known, but have never showed ID. They could easily find out more about me if they so desired - maybe they have - don't know.

This has never happened before. Bought in for 500 with a heads up table. By midway thru the second shoe, I've determined that I might push that 9k (in my jurisdiction) envelope. Everything, like you wouldn't believe, is going right. I don't want to report if I don't have to, so, if I do, then the question becomes - how far past the threshold can I blast to make reporting worthwhile. I don't want to quit this monster.

Right or wrong, I decided as follows - since the end total result is still unknown. I made sure if exactly where I was at money wise. I scaled back my bets to less than half of what they should have been, with the further decision of super watch on the cut card, prepared to lose intentionally the last hand or 2, if necessary. I stayed under.

Winning, is of course, important. Maximizing EV to the extreme, is not , at least for me.
    Thoughts?

Had I not made the decision, result would have taken me over threshold by around 2k - was 500 under.
    Last edited by Freightman; 02-12-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Add last line