Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Super High Count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by marriedputter View Post
    Yes. If you play long enough, you will see counts like this.

Back in the day when I used to use Hi-Lo, I got up to a + 30 RC. I was at the table alone. There were two things that I found incredible about this (and by incredible, I don't mean "unbelievable." I mean more like "improbable").

1. It happened early in the shoe. I remember thinking "man, I'm probably going to have my max bet out for the whole shoe." And I did! It was the very first shoe that I played that night. I imagine that the pit was thinking that I just felt like being aggressive that night right from the start. It's moments like this that you better have enough max bets. I was max betting all the way though the shoe. The TC never got below +5 if I remember correctly. Oh boy, it was on. I quickly knew that that was probably the only shoe that I was going to be playing that night.
    2. The hands I got were not what I thought I was going to get. There were not many 20s and only a few blackjacks. Mostly, I ended up with 14s, 15s, and 16s! The dealer was usually showing a face. Since the count was so high, index plays required that I stand. I expected to lose, but the dealer miraculously (improbably) would turn over a bust card. I also remember the dealer having lots of 7s, 8s, and 9s, that she busted on. This makes perfect sense, since Hi-Lo doesn't count these ranks. You would have thought however that the dealer would have had more 10s in the hole and therefore turn over more 17s, 18s, and 19s to beat my 14s, 15s, and 16s, but no. She mostly would turn over a 16 composed of 7/9 and 8/8 or a 15 composed of 7/8. She then proceeded to bust and I won the majority of my crap hands. With a count this high, I didn't expect so many crap hands. The amount of 20s and blackjacks between me and the dealer just weren't plentiful.

It was definitely a memorable night.
    Exactly dude. It was already into the 20s about a deck and a half in. I bet big the entire time. And that don't look like counting to the untrained eye. Counters don't go 20x their base bet 1 deck into the shoe and then flat bet. It was also my first time playin rated there, so I'll probably get some decent comps betting huge like I did. Yeah, I got a lotta junk hands too. That seems to happen a lot with really high counts. I think it's because you got this high count and it keeps getting higher because you keep getting junk on your huge bets and the dealer has an advantage on those hands post-deal. Unfortunately, my night wasn't all that memorable except for the 36 running count, which was insane. I've seen a few low runners break 30 before, I don't even know why I was still tracking them, I had long since quit playing. Probably outta habit in case all the ploppies vanished and the dealer refused a shuffle request.

Have ran into several shoes where there appears to be a huge clump of 10s after the cut card. Those are the worst... you just want more hands and now you most likely have to leave since you just bet so much the past shoe and won't lower your bet back down after the shuffle. Also have had times where you have a good count and in one round the dealer deals 20s to 3 players plus themself. Now you have pushed your max bet and the count is now negative. Really hate that situation...

Like married putter said. You will see it all eventually. The dealer does not always have 20.

Just my advice to be taken with a grain of salt; there are many people who frequent this forum that have invaluable information that they are not required to share, however do so for no benefit of their own. It is no suprise to anyone that T3 post such in depth responses. His level of understanding is ridiculous. If you don't care for his responses then simply ignore him. But when some of the others see you bashing him for giving you "too in depth" explanations, I'd take the double down on those players withholding their knowledge instead of feeding into the disrespect and lack of appreciation. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by marriedputter View Post
    I remember thinking "man, I'm probably going to have my max bet out for the whole shoe." And I did!
    Some of my best shoes are the ones where I've max bet half the shoe (and thankfully hit BJ after BJ, dealer bust after bust). There was about three times in a few month time frame where I had shoes such as that. It's crazy to win 10-20 max bets (I play two hands, so the bet per hand at max) in a single shoe!

Ive hit 50 on 8 deck

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    Ive hit 50 on 8 deck
    I don't recall the RC or TC, my biggest shoe game yet was on an 8 decker

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    So, whats your point? Never seen variance before? Do you think we have never lost 5 straight hands?

I lost an entire heads up shoe of DD with no ties or wins before, so mine is bigger than yours. Get over it.

What the hell is mentally not there yet? Do you need to see a therapist? Was your loss outside of normal standard deviation? Did you not know about standard deviation?

I am sorry, but I continue to be amazed at post like this by experienced people playing this game and being told over and over that their results are normal.
    Easy Stealth, I just shared/admitted personal weaknesses. I have a BR that is about $35k. Probably too low to play 6 deck, H17 games with a $25 min and I have not played at the higher stakes you play with. Thus, losing $1400 and 5-6 straight max bets in a few minures is not something I have experienced with a $250 bet out. In DD games, the shoe gets over quickly and you reset. In 6 deck games at the $10 minimum table, my max bet is 2 x $90 so not quite so bad.

you are a pro, I am a recreational counter. I have much to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Easy Stealth, I just shared/admitted personal weaknesses. I have a BR that is about $35k. Probably too low to play 6 deck, H17 games with a $25 min and I have not played at the higher stakes you play with. Thus, losing $1400 and 5-6 straight max bets in a few minures is not something I have experienced with a $250 bet out. In DD games, the shoe gets over quickly and you reset. In 6 deck games at the $10 minimum table, my max bet is 2 x $90 so not quite so bad.

you are a pro, I am a recreational counter. I have much to learn.
    CVCX will give you bankroll requirements. All you have to do is plug in the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Allbizness View Post
    I just got a running count of 36 in multi-deck. That's the highest I've ever seen. I've had it hit upper 20s before but mid-30s? Jesus.

A few shoes before that, it was in the mid-20s and I got brutalized. I went to another table because a new shoe on there dropped way low and I could blame it on a bad table. So I'm playing at about +2 and in comes a massively retarded ploppy. She screws my double down by not hitting her 16 and because the count dipped below 1, I pulled a Morgenstein and wonged out. She gets a blackjack on the next hand, rubbing it my face that my crybaby antics worked out for her. That didn't last long. The count continued to sink, and she was a horrible player, and she easily blew $500 before leaving. Then I asked for a shuffle. So then the shoe came with that 36 running count, which translated to about a +8-12 true count throughout half the playable shoe. I'm beyond max bet and it was rough going. At the low point, when things were bleakest, here comes the same idiot ploppy with fresh bills from the ATM in a +10 true count. "Jesus fucking Christ get the fuck out of here!" Another Morgenstein and it worked she bolted. Last hand of the shoe was junk and a soft 19 against a 6. Won the double and the junk hand. Ended up getting the money back I lost at the other table at least.

But dang, 36 running count? You guys seen that before?
    enough said....imo, Michael Morgenstern = Allbizness

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Could be. If not, part of the same gang. People should learn to ignore these clowns. Responding simply feeds.

Blog Entries

Evidence suggests Boz. Banned for nastiness.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That was my thought, with a possible Villam sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I was sure one of the 3 new posters was Boz.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast