Thread: Backcount cvcx error??!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Backcount cvcx error??!

Please someone help me!. When I set backcounting ON, on CVCX! and put backcount on +1 and then go to the 'Play two hands' meter and set it as 0, i get BIGGER win rate than when i set meter to 1! I dont understand why! My bets start at +1, but I get much bigger win rate with 'Play two hands' meter at 0 than at +1!!

Is this a CVCX error?! Why does it do this? My bets are always at +1, why is there different results with 'Play two hands' feature on 0 and 1!!!!

NORM!!?

Blog Entries

Don't do that. I'll change it so it doesn't matter. Clearly you can't bet two hands at 0 if you're not playing any hands at zero.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

NoRm! Why does it give 2 different results!? If my bets only start at +1?! Play two hands selected at 0 gives different result than play two hands at +1 even though all my bets are at +1 and higher!

So has this been an error for a long time now!? And never corrected?! Please tell me why cvcx gives two results when back counting is select for 1 and play two hands is selected at 0 or 1!

Blog Entries

The settings are contradictory. One setting says to play two hands and the other zero hands. This messes up the CVCX TC frequency calculations. I've changed it to ignore the play two hands spinner when there is a contradiction. You can download an update at https://qfit.com/downloads.htm#free.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I installed the update. I have CVCXV5 so i downloaded the 3rd link. My update now says 5.0.127! even though the update link said 5.129!

I think there is still something wrong! The play two hands still gives different results norm! For play two hands 0 i get much higher win rate than play two hands at 1! Even though my backcount meter is at 1!

Should i just set play two hands to +1 if i am backcounting at +1? And ignore the play two hands at 0!? Which is the right way NORM?
    Last edited by RoadWarrior; 01-24-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Recompiled everything and uploaded again. Refresh the download page so that it says 5.130 and try again.

Great! Its fixed now norm. Thank you!

But one more question!

Is that the right EV!? It is using the same EV of when it was set to play two hands at 0 before the update. So which EV was right all along?
    Last edited by RoadWarrior; 01-24-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Blog Entries

It looks right. Will check with CVData. But, no time tonight. Keep in mind both the CVCX post-sim backcounting and the move from one- to two-hand play use estimation techniques. Using both at once is an estimate on top of an estimate. So, they will not match CVData. It's not possible to calculate these precisely after a sim is run as you can only estimate the effects on TC frequencies. The CVCX pre-sim Wonging is precise.

Please keep me updated norm!

Is that the right EV!? It is using the same EV of when it was set to play two hands at 0 before the update. So which EV was right all along?
    The one you get should be ok and in accordance with BJRM
    G Man

update?!

Blog Entries

Looks fine.