Thread: Double Deck Wong Out REKO #s

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Double Deck Wong Out REKO #s

For deeply dealt DD games I always play all with the occasional Wong out nature break, drink order, phone call, etc. For curiosity sake....playing Double Deck H17-DAS with 26 cards cut off, I would like to know more specifically what the two KO running count #'s are (at 26 and 52 cards seen) at which the the remaining (52 and 26) cards to be dealt before the shuffle are EV equal to zero. Which of Norm's programs is best for me to do such calculations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rwe021 View Post
    For deeply dealt DD games I always play all with the occasional Wong out nature break, drink order, phone call, etc. For curiosity sake....playing Double Deck H17-DAS with 26 cards cut off, I would like to know more specifically what the two KO running count #'s are (at 26 and 52 cards seen) at which the the remaining (52 and 26) cards to be dealt before the shuffle are EV equal to zero. Which of Norm's programs is best for me to do such calculations?

For 52 cards using IRC = 0:

RC - 4(1) = 1 x 0 ==> RC = 4 which equals True Count of zero.

For 26 cards using IRC = 0:
    RC - 4 (1.75) = .25 x 0 ==> RC = 7 which equals True Count of zero.

At a True Count of zero the house has an advantage. As general rule of thumb for each rise in true count there is .5% advantage. The house edge for the game DD H17, DAS using perfect basic strategy is -.45. At a true count of .9 your EV will equal to zero. .9 x .5 = .45 minus the house edge of .45 gives you 0. If you do the math

RC - 4(1) = 1 x .90 ==> RC = 4.90 which equal to TC of .90. You can choose to round down to RC = 4 because at True Count +1 you still have a slight edge of .05%.

RC - 4(1.75) = .25 x .90 ==> RC = 7.225 which equal to TC of .90. You can round down to RC = 7.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-16-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post

RC - 4(1) = 1 x 0 ==> RC = 4 which equals True Count of zero.

RC - 4 (1.75) = .25 x 0 ==> RC = 7 which equals True Count of zero.

At a True Count of zero the house has an advantage. As general rule of thumb for each rise in true count there is .5% advantage. The house edge for the game DD H17, DAS using perfect basic strategy is -.45. At a true count of .9 your EV will equal to zero. .9 x .5 = .45 minus the house edge of .45 gives you 0. If you do the math

RC - 4(1) = 1 x .90 ==> RC = 4.90 which equal to TC of .90. You can choose to round down to RC = 4 because at True Count +1 you still have a slight edge of .05%.

RC - 4(1.75) = .25 x .90 ==> RC = 7.225 which equal to TC of .90. You can round down to RC = 7.

Hope that helps.
    I understand everything you wrote but the problem is I didn't word my question properly, sorry about this....I didn't think through it very well..

What I meant to ask was...at what knockout RC should we drop out and wait for the shuffle, after we have seen 26 cards, and also after we have seen 52 cards, because from that point forward until the shuffle our overall $ expectation is zero, or less. But now that I think about it we would have to assume a betting strategy and a bet spread...let's call the latter 1-8. In Modern Blackjack Norm talks about Wonging Betting Ramps, Example 2, exit only, which is similar. Obviously in these 2 deck games we can't just bounce in and out hand to hand, so I was looking for calculated KO RC exits (until the shuffle) at 26 and 52 cards seen.i.e., where we don't have a positive EV from the point forward with that betting strategy. I hope I'm clear this time...sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by rwe021 View Post
    I understand everything you wrote but the problem is I didn't word my question properly, sorry about this....I didn't think through it very well..

What I meant to ask was...at what knockout RC should we drop out and wait for the shuffle, after we have seen 26 cards, and also after we have seen 52 cards, because from that point forward until the shuffle our overall $ expectation is zero, or less. But now that I think about it we would have to assume a betting strategy and a bet spread...let's call the latter 1-8. In Modern Blackjack Norm talks about Wonging Betting Ramps, Example 2, exit only, which is similar. Obviously in these 2 deck games we can't just bounce in and out hand to hand, so I was looking for calculated KO RC exits (until the shuffle) at 26 and 52 cards seen.i.e., where we don't have a positive EV from the point forward with that betting strategy. I hope I'm clear this time...sorry.

I understand what you are talking about now. If that is the case you have some work to do. Using CVDATA run a standard simulation. Under shuffle point/cards set the cards in question which in your case is 26 and 52. You will have to do it for each shuffle point/cards. Then after the simulation pull up "Running Count Won/Lost" or "True Count Won/Lost". The first true count or running count that is not red is when you have an advantage. You want to drop out at the first count that it indicates a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I understand what you are talking about now. If that is the case you have some work to do. Using CVDATA run a standard simulation. Under shuffle point/cards set the cards in question which in your case is 26 and 52. You will have to do it for each shuffle point/cards. Then after the simulation pull up "Running Count Won/Lost" or "True Count Won/Lost". The first true count or running count that is not red is when you have an advantage. You want to drop out at the first count that it indicates a disadvantage.
    Got it, thanks much.