See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it correct to double down on the play 4,4 vs 4?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Is it correct to double down on the play 4,4 vs 4?

I am not using the index deviation for splitting 4,4 vs 4 but I am doubling on 8 vs 4. Would it be correct to double 4,4 vs 4 when the index is reached assuming you are using RA index? Game rule Six Deck S17, DAS, LS 83.3% penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I am not using the index deviation for splitting 4,4 vs 4 but I am doubling on 8 vs 4. Would it be correct to double 4,4 vs 4 when the index is reached assuming you are using RA index? Game rule Six Deck S17, DAS, LS 83.3% penetration.
    There is an index for virtually everything, which includes 5,3 or 6,2 versus dealer 4. With DAS, the far superior play with 4,4 v dealer 4, assumeing index is reached, is to split. There is no reason whatsoever to consider doubling when the far superior option of splittingis available.

If you are at the index for doubling 8v4, you are also at the splitting index. Therefore, splitting is the correct move.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    There is an index for virtually everything, which includes 5,3 or 6,2 versus dealer 4. With DAS, the far superior play with 4,4 v dealer 4, assumeing index is reached, is to split. There is no reason whatsoever to consider doubling when the far superior option of splittingis available.
    Is it still far superior to 4,4 vs 4 if you are only allow to 3 hands instead of 4 hands?

Is it still far superior to 4,4 vs 4 if you are only allow to 3 hands instead of 4 hands?
    Yes

So it would be correct to double if you get 4,4 vs 4 at the third hand and you can't split it.

Yes

So it would be correct to double if you get 4,4 vs 4 at the third hand and you can't split it.
    That is what I thought you meant.

Provided the index was met. Try to reason thus stuff out. You tend to ask rookie question after question on different opening posts. What is your count system? We can recommend a few books, I'm sure. The answers are readily available - your Modus operandi being suspiciously similar to another non researching poster.

What is your count system? We can recommend a few books, I'm sure. The answers are readily available - your Modus operandi being suspiciously similar to another non researching poster.
    The reason why I am asking this question is because I think using the splitting index deviation will some how decrease the SCORE and increase N0 playing head up with 4 players. My count system is TKO. The Hard Double Down Index for 8 vs 4 in TKO is TC >= +8. And for splitting 4,4 vs 4 is T >=+4. The running count indices are as follows using IRC = 0 for 8 vs 4 RC >= 32 and for splitting 4,4 vs 4 is RC >= 24. But treating 4,4 as 8 and doubling 4,4 vs 4 might increase the SCORE and therefore decrease N0.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 11-30-2016 at 08:11 PM.

The reason why I am asking this question is because I think using the splitting index deviation will some how decrease the SCORE and increase N0 playing head up with 4 players. My count system is TKO. The Hard Double Down Index for 8 vs 4 in TKO is TC >= +8. And for splitting 4,4 vs 4 is T >=+4. The running count indices are as follows using IRC = 0 for 8 vs 4 RC >= 32 and for splitting 4,4 vs 4 is RC >= 24. But treating 4,4 as 8 and doubling 4,4 vs 4 might increase the SCORE and therefore decrease N0.
    Think logically. How can you increase SCORE and decrease N0 with an inferior play? Also, why play with 4 other players. You're better off not playing.
    Last edited by Freightman; 11-30-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Think logically. How can you increase SCORE and decrease N0 with an inferior play?
    Doubling on 4,4 vs 4 might be more successful than splitting 4,4 vs 4 to three or four hands. I haven't done the deviation 4,4 vs 4 before that is why I am asking would it be better off doubling 4,4 vs 4 or splitting. But I've done the deviation 8 vs 4 before. Doubling does increases volatility but not as much as splitting. The higher the volatility the riskier the index deviation. Volatility can be measured using the standard deviation or variance.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 11-30-2016 at 08:25 PM.

How can you increase SCORE and decrease N0 with an inferior play?
    SCORE is the relationship between EV and SD. Increasing EV only increases SCORE if the percentage increase in EV is higher than the percentage increase in SD.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast