See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do in this situation?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Possibly something that considers 7s and 9s. Also possible the deck was light on 2s and 3s, but really heavy on 5s.

He also may have figured out you were counting also, and he left. In which case, he's a gentleman and you should buy him a drink (don't understand why other posters are taking a dump on this guy?) It's also possible he was just some guy, not a card counter at all.

Consider learning to better separate your emotions from your blackjack play. The Stoics, like Marcus Aurelius, have some great writings on this.

Ask the muggles to wait. If they don't, keep playing. Get the money out into a +5 TC.
    I did ask him to wait he shook his head. Then I played a little and was angry because he is stealing the good cards from me. Afterwards other play start coming in. That is when I noticed there is something weird about his counting system. Either I am overbetting or he is missing some betting opportunities not wongin in at +1 TC.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    I did ask him to wait he shook his head. Then I played a little and was angry because he is stealing the good cards from me. Afterwards other play start coming in. That is when I noticed there is something weird about his counting system. Either I am overbetting or he is missing some betting opportunities not wongin in at +1 TC.
    Reminds me of a fun story from my red chip days. Was playing 5-50 on a $2 min table. Was heads up as count was high, put out max 50 when numb nuts comes along, about to cash out, and puts $2 out. I asked him to stay out if he didn't mind, and he basically told me where to get off. I split aces and scored faces on each. If he hadn't come in, I would have lost my 20 to dealer bj. I thanked him cordially for being such a rude asshole, commenting further that if he had been polite, I would have lost.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Freighter. So did he get your standard 100 pops to the chops? Lol
    Nah, he didn't hit me. He was simp,y being an asshole, albeit superbly timed.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Reminds me of a fun story from my red chip days. Was playing 5-50 on a $2 min table. Was heads up as count was high, put out max 50 when numb nuts comes along, about to cash out, and puts $2 out. I asked him to stay out if he didn't mind, and he basically told me where to get off. I split aces and scored faces on each. If he hadn't come in, I would have lost my 20 to dealer bj. I thanked him cordially for being such a rude asshole, commenting further that if he had been polite, I would have lost.
    strange post...not understanding why:
    - the stakes mattered?
    - you thought he was being a 'rude asshole'?
    - your odds increased if he didn't play?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    strange post...not understanding why:
    - the stakes mattered?
    - you thought he was being a 'rude asshole'?
    - your odds increased if he didn't play?
    I mention the stakes as a backdrop to some asshole demanding his $2 bet - and yes, my overall odds increased, regardless if that hands outcome, since I would get another hand.

OP's situation sounds like the wonger simply had a higher threshold to decide when to play hands. Maybe he has tight bankroll and only plays more positive TCs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by bejammin075 View Post
    OP's situation sounds like the wonger simply had a higher threshold to decide when to play hands. Maybe he has tight bankroll and only plays more positive TCs

But I don't understand his logic for playing at higher positive counts.What is the OP doing here? Even with card counting the AP does not win more hands. What make the AP money at positive count is the splits and down doubles are more successful at higher counts and there are higher possibility of get blackjacks. With a top level professional Blackjack Player they have a lot bigger losing streaks than simply losing 10 in a row. From my experience playing Blackjack is more of bankroll management.

In card counting you win more than you lose in the long run but sometime you do lose. Blackjack is more like a marathon than a sprint.

For the blackjack experts here is this the right way to play for someone with a tight bankroll? The answer to this question it also helps me because it opens up to OPs that think that are beating game but they are not.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 11-25-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Depending on your spread, the optimal entry point is not always at the first true count with an advantage.

Banned or Suspended

"What card counting system would tell you to drop out at a TC of 2
    when a level one count system identify there is an advantage?"
    Without getting overly complicated, here is a distinct possibility:

You have a Hi-Lo TC of +2, but he may have been using Hi-Opt II.

About ¼ of the time Hi-Lo will give you a false sense of advantage,

particularly when Aces are in Deficit and you have seen a lot of

deuces and treys. About ¼ of the time the opposite holds true for

the Level One bettor, where he has a greater advantage then he

imagines with a +2 TC when there are Surplus Aces and he has

seen a lot of 4's and 5's.

This can be best addressed by TARZAN, who has shown that even at a

greater Hi-Lo TC you may be at a disadvantage (and vice versa if negative)

What would you do in this situation?

But I don't understand his logic for playing at higher positive counts.What is the OP doing here? Even with card counting the AP does not win more hands. What make the AP money at positive count is the splits and down doubles are more successful at higher counts and there are higher possibility of get blackjacks. With a top level professional Blackjack Player they have a lot bigger losing streaks than simply losing 10 in a row. From my experience playing Blackjack is more of bankroll management.

In card counting you win more than you lose in the long run but sometime you do lose. Blackjack is more like a marathon than a sprint.

For the blackjack experts here is this the right way to play for someone with a tight bankroll? The answer to this question it also helps me because it opens up to OPs that think that are beating game but they are not.
    I'm just speculating about the wonger, so no certainty with my guess. But if you only played very positivec ounts, your risk of ruin would be very low. But you also have to back count probably an excessive amount and play 3 hands an hour. A survival skill for a limited bankroll with an excess of patience

If you only played positive expectation hands you don't even need a spread. You could even have a reversed spread (not recommended of course).

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Without getting overly complicated, here is a distinct possibility:

You have a Hi-Lo TC of +2, but he may have been using Hi-Opt II.

About ¼ of the time Hi-Lo will give you a false sense of advantage,

particularly when Aces are in Deficit and you have seen a lot of

deuces and treys. About ¼ of the time the opposite holds true for

the Level One bettor, where he has a greater advantage then he

imagines with a +2 TC when there are Surplus Aces and he has

seen a lot of 4's and 5's.

This can be best addressed by TARZAN, who has shown that even at a

greater Hi-Lo TC you may be at a disadvantage (and vice versa if negative)
    The OP was trying to count two tables. I don't see any sign that he was keeping a side count. For example, usually some multiparameter counters they use their foot to keep track of the count. I haven't came across any backcounter that stands behind the table keep count with their foot and then at the same time when the count was high they wongin with a max bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    In a level 2 count like Hiopt2 the 4 and 5 carry twice the weight of the 2, 3, 6, or 7.
    Not all level 2 count systems count 4 and 5 twice the weight of the 2,3,6 and 7 like RPC the 3,4,5 and 6 is counted as +2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast