See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The musician's sidecount (for unbalanced systems-KISS III, KO, RED SEVEN)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

The musician's sidecount (for unbalanced systems-KISS III, KO, RED SEVEN)

Hello folks!

I've found an Ebook on Amazon about A Method for sidecounting Unbalanced Blackjack Card Counting Systems.
    The title of the book is The Musician's Sidecount written by Daniel James. (Don't worry i am not getting any sales bonus for advertising it)

There is a part in the book (the whole book consists of few pages) that confused me a lot.(needs to be clarified)

So hereby i copied and pasted that particular page:

"Why call it the Musician's Sidecount?

It is called the Musician's because rather than keeping track of the sidecount with numbers, you use the alphabet-the musical alphabet to be precise.

The musical alphabet goes from A to G and those are the only letters we will concern ourselves with. Start with the letter A in positive counts. As a musician, it is a relatively easy thing to convert any letter from A to G into a number.
    (D is +4, E is +5, etc.).
    Conversely, in negative counts it is fairly easy to think of the musical alphabet in reverse (going from G back to A) and convert that letter into a number. (In negative territory, F would be -2, D would be -4, etc.). When this number is added or subtracted to the current running count, the resulting will be what is used to make your betting decision.

In a double deck game, this is quite easy. There will be 8 plus cards and 8 minus cards that you will be sidecounting. The alphabet will only run from A to G from G back to A. When you start, the IRC for this sidecount is "zero", or even.
    In SHOE GAMES, if the sidecount goes beyond the eight letters, start counting AA, BB, CC, etc. and add eight to the letter you are on--in positive territory, AA would be +9 and so on.

The card values to consider are different depending on what unbalanced card counting systems you use. In all cases, ACES are tagged as -1. The low card that is used for the sidecount should not be included in the primary count. The sidecount values are:

RED SEVEN: A's (-1) , 6's (+1)
    KISS III: A's (-1) , 7's (+1)
    KO FULL: A's (-1) , 7's (+1) "

Could anyone explain this to me with examples? (especially in regarding of using REKO)

Thanks a million

All the best

And what is the purpose of this side count?

To be more accurate and also look for more additional edge...

The author mentions in his book that 900000000 rounds were simulated using CVData...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    Hello folks!

I've found an Ebook on Amazon about A Method for sidecounting Unbalanced Blackjack Card Counting Systems.
    The title of the book is The Musician's Sidecount written by Daniel James. (Don't worry i am not getting any sales bonus for advertising it)

There is a part in the book (the whole book consists of few pages) that confused me a lot.(needs to be clarified)

So hereby i copied and pasted that particular page:

"Why call it the Musician's Sidecount?

It is called the Musician's because rather than keeping track of the sidecount with numbers, you use the alphabet-the musical alphabet to be precise.

The musical alphabet goes from A to G and those are the only letters we will concern ourselves with. Start with the letter A in positive counts. As a musician, it is a relatively easy thing to convert any letter from A to G into a number.
    (D is +4, E is +5, etc.).
    Conversely, in negative counts it is fairly easy to think of the musical alphabet in reverse (going from G back to A) and convert that letter into a number. (In negative territory, F would be -2, D would be -4, etc.). When this number is added or subtracted to the current running count, the resulting will be what is used to make your betting decision.

In a double deck game, this is quite easy. There will be 8 plus cards and 8 minus cards that you will be sidecounting. The alphabet will only run from A to G from G back to A. When you start, the IRC for this sidecount is "zero", or even.
    In SHOE GAMES, if the sidecount goes beyond the eight letters, start counting AA, BB, CC, etc. and add eight to the letter you are on--in positive territory, AA would be +9 and so on.

The card values to consider are different depending on what unbalanced card counting systems you use. In all cases, ACES are tagged as -1. The low card that is used for the sidecount should not be included in the primary count. The sidecount values are:

RED SEVEN: A's (-1) , 6's (+1)
    KISS III: A's (-1) , 7's (+1)
    KO FULL: A's (-1) , 7's (+1) "

Could anyone explain this to me with examples? (especially in regarding of using REKO)

Thanks a million

All the best
    If you are going to side count in KO you might as well side-count Ace and Deuce instead of Ace and Seven.

A's (-1), 2's (+1)

For KO to stay an unbalanced count after side counting you will need to use a secondary count. For example,

KO/REKO tags

A-(-1)
    2-(1)
    3-(1)
    4-(1)
    5-(1)
    6-(1)
    7-(1)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(-1)

Secondary count tags Ace-deuce:

A-(-1)
    2-(1)
    3-(0)
    4-(0)
    5-(0)
    6-(0)
    7-(0)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(0)

Secondary count tags Ace-Seven:

A-(-1)
    2-(0)
    3-(0)
    4-(0)
    5-(0)
    6-(0)
    7-(1)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(0)

As it is stated :"Simulation data finds no gain to be had from side counting the KO system".
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 11-03-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    As it is stated :"Simulation data finds no gain to be had from side counting the KO system".
    If you're ambitious enough to want to side count, I suggest that you just move to a level 2 count with ASC. Use the level 2 count for DD and keep your KO count for shoe.

You'd be seriously wasting your time side counting cards using KO in a 6 or 8-deck game.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What if you went to band camp and all that but only know bass clef? Alter it to a B flat scale? Sounds interesting. It makes a lot of sense, really. You could form a little music score in your head covering the sidecounted cards. A fast paced dealer on a 6D shoe and you could end up with a brisk-paced pasacalia in E flat! Never mind following the TC with it, you could actually form a tune in your head that covers individual cards for an exact breakdown of every card if you're a talented enough musician. Going with key of C, a C scale, C=(2,3), D=(4,5), E=(6), F=(7), G=(8), A=(9), B=(T), high C, up one octave=(A), something like that. This is essentially a memory aid that could be applied to any given counting method, really.

I use a visualization, something resembling silos, in which the deck composition has shape and texture. This would be something similar using sounds instead of shapes... can you imagine "counting out loud" at the table by humming a little tune to yourself as you are playing?! What a fascinating concept.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 11-03-2016 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    ... can you imagine "counting out loud" at the table by humming a little tune to yourself as you are playing?! What a fascinating concept.
    Nice!

Do: a deer, a female deer, Re: a drop of golden sun, Mi: a name I call myself, Fa:
    a long long way to run, So: I'm really gonna win, La: I'm gonna chip it up, Ti: where the hell's my drink, and that will bring us back to Do: in my back pocket!

i watch a show talking about some people that can do incredible calculation in their head , it was mind blowing. they are wired differently but still live a normal life with some small difference.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Guys! What the hell are yous talking about? )))

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

But can you explain it to me how sidecounting should be done with letters? I don't entirely get the author. Why is +9 AA?? I'dont understand it..and there are only seven letters, right, not eight? (ABCDEFG)

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    If you are going to side count in KO you might as well side-count Ace and Deuce instead of Ace and Seven.

A's (-1), 2's (+1)

For KO to stay an unbalanced count after side counting you will need to use a secondary count. For example,

KO/REKO tags

A-(-1)
    2-(1)
    3-(1)
    4-(1)
    5-(1)
    6-(1)
    7-(1)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(-1)

Secondary count tags Ace-deuce:

A-(-1)
    2-(1)
    3-(0)
    4-(0)
    5-(0)
    6-(0)
    7-(0)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(0)

Secondary count tags Ace-Seven:

A-(-1)
    2-(0)
    3-(0)
    4-(0)
    5-(0)
    6-(0)
    7-(1)
    8-(0)
    9-(0)
    T-(0)

But can you explain it to me how sidecounting should be done with letters? I don't entirely get the author. Why is +9 AA?? I'dont understand it..and there are only seven letters, right, not eight? (ABCDEFG)

Thank you

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ferenc11 View Post
    Why is +9 AA??
    Base 8 (0 or even is 0, A is 1, B is 2, C is 3, D is 4, E is 5, F is 6, G is 7, A0 or Aeven is 8) in letters. A in the more significant digit is one 8 and A in the least significant digit is one 1. Add the two together and they make 9. CB would be 3*8 + 2*1 or 26. So basically they are using the alphabet as base 8 numbers with the first 7 letters of the alphabet and 0 as the characters. Going right to left the first digit (or letter if you prefer) is the letter value times 1 (8^0). The second digit is the letter value times 8 (8^1). A third digit is the letter value times 64 (8^2). You add all the digits to get the number represented. We do the same thing in base 10 with 0 and 1 thru 9. You know 143 is 1 times 100 (10^2) plus 4 times 10 (10^1) plus 3 times 1 (10^0). I hope you understand now.
    Last edited by Three; 11-09-2016 at 06:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast