Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wong Halves Count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    Is insurance on dd with halves +2.7?
    Missed this - yes

Blog Entries

How can I navigate to these pages myself ?

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

What do the axes mean on these charts?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Zen is a good compromise count when playing both pitch and shoe. Halves indices are virtually identical to hi lo. One primary exception is insurance at true 3.2, to account for the 9. Other very minor differences. Flash is referring to his preferred count, hi opt 2, which has both a very high BBC and less, as long as ace side count us used and used properly. Flash also side counts 7's at pitch.

I dont play enough pitch to warrant a second count. I am very satisfied with halves. Some systems play stronger than others. Regardless of that fact, judgement trumps system - and don't grab that other system by the *****
    Actually insurance is 3.4 for a 8 deck game and 3.3 for a 6 deck game. But all of this is irrelevant, just use 3 and the difference in results are insignificant.
    Last edited by LoneWoLF; 10-27-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWoLF View Post
    " ... insurance is 3.4 for a 6 deck game and 3.3 for a 6 deck game ...
    just use 3 and the difference in results are insignificant."
    Rounding to 3.0 will cost the player a minuscule amount of money.
    An almost non-existent price
    ~ tempered by the reduced variance !

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Rounding to 3.0 will cost the player a minuscule amount of money.
    An almost non-existent price
    ~ tempered by the reduced variance !
    This is a better response than LW. Another concept (t3), and applicable, is risk averse insurance right at 3.3 or close. That being said, don't bother on the shit hands but do so on the good ones. Of course, in any monster count, insuring your left nut is appropriate - or is that shit hands also

Missed this - yes
    blueman said "Is insurance on dd with halves +2.7?" and freightman replied "Missed this - yes"

I use halves on DD, are you saying waiting till +3.1 to take insurance is giving up some EV? I understand that it's less variance though. I was under the impression insurance for 2-8 decks was always 3.0 for hi-low and 3.1 for halves?

Thanks,

Dalmatian

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    blueman said "Is insurance on dd with halves +2.7?" and freightman replied "Missed this - yes"

I use halves on DD, are you saying waiting till +3.1 to take insurance is giving up some EV? I understand that it's less variance though. I was under the impression insurance for 2-8 decks was always 3.0 for hi-low and 3.1 for halves?

Thanks,

Dalmatian
    True Count threshold for insurance changes with the number of decks. So, strike point for dd and 6d for hi lo and halves respectively is 2.4 and 2.7 and for 6 deck 3.0 and 3.4. Any practitioner of the regaled FBM ASC would know this. Regarding FBM ASC, mastery of this side count allows the practitioner to alter the strike point even further. Further enhancements are available.

What’s exciting is improved performance and profit on insurance - The most valuable index of all.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    True Count threshold for insurance changes with the number of decks. So, strike point for dd and 6d for hi lo and halves respectively is 2.4 and 2.7 and for 6 deck 3.0 and 3.4. Any practitioner of the regaled FBM ASC would know this. Regarding FBM ASC, mastery of this side count allows the practitioner to alter the strike point even further. Further enhancements are available.

What’s exciting is improved performance and profit on insurance - The most valuable index of all.
    Hey Freightman I want to propagate the FBM ASC ball rub method on my discord (https://discord.gg/YgwPc2W). Can you please tell me where to find more information on this count method?

Hey Freightman I want to propagate the FBM ASC ball rub method on my discord (https://discord.gg/YgwPc2W). Can you please tell me where to find more information on this count method?
    You can't do that. Freightman has it copyrighted.

In its simplest form, concepts of the FBM ASC are quite self explanatory. Theory as it applies to advanced concepts of the FBM ASC, are included in private correspondence between Don and I - Selected concepts to be finalized and incorporated into upcoming editions of BJA4. These are considered proprietary at this time.

Topics will include adjusted insurance count accounting for effects of intermediates on insurance count as well as quality of true count. Secondary topics have not yet been decided upon, however, dialog is encouraged on power golf tees, finger colognes as well as he/she concepts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast