Thread: Sidebet Simulation

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Sidebet Simulation

Question 1:
    I ran a 1B round sim on a side bet using basic strategy and got a side bet EV of -15.57% and a count frequency distribution. Then I got to thinking that basic strategy doesn't have a count so how could it come up with a count frequency distribution. I then ran the same sim using HiLo and got an EV of -15.61%.

AA Temp File.jpg

I have to assume that CVCX uses a default count to compute side bet data if a person runs it under basic strategy. What would the default count be if not hilo?

Question 2:
    I looked in Theory of BJ but I didn't find the answer to this question. Maybe I just overlooked it.

To determine the effects of removal would I remove 1 single card of a certain rank from a 6D shoe or would I remove 6 of them which would represent removing 1 card from each deck? It seems to me when you are playing a 6D shoe, you count each single card as it is removed but something tells me I am supposed to remove 6 of them.

Thanks
    Last edited by Bodarc; 10-01-2016 at 09:19 AM.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Blog Entries

If it showed counts, you had a strategy with counts selected.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Ok I'll double check. What about the effect of removal?
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Does anyone know the answer to the question about effect of removal?

Maybe I can help. Are you trying to develop a count for a specific side bet? Or trying to determine the trigger point for a count you already use?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A side bet RCJH

B, I understand it's a side bet..lol. Are you trying to find the trigger on your count (like 7TC on HiLo and you bet the LL) or are you trying to figure out how to count the side bet? You can PM me if you'd rather.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks RCJH. PM coming.