See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing style

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Playing style

Hello I'm new here and just looking for advice on improving my game. I don't know the odds of how I play but it seems to win more than lose in the long run.
    I do like to play perfect basic strategy ad flat bet 5 for the first shoe and if it wins the next shoe stay same. But if financially losses increase the next shoe to ten except if I get financially ahead drop to 5 for rest of shoe. I go up as far as 8 units or 40 bucks with a buyin of 500. I am looking to minimize the losses so I am looking for advice on what might be best. I could stop at 8 units or just go till the 500 is gone or drop to 7 units after losing the 8 unit shoe. It seems to win except for the times when lose many shoes in a row.

Voodoo betting strategy to disadvantage forum. What you can do is raise your bets when you have an advantage and vet minimum or not at all when you don't.

It is good that you learned basic strategy, but you are still playing with a negative expectation. No betting system can overcome negative ev. The way to keep your losses down is to flat bet the minimum. Your other option would be to learn to play with an advantage.

I know if I flat bet the minimum it will keep my losses down. But I hope to push the fluctuation of the game in my favor before dropping. It's when the fluctuation never gets to the players favor. Lose a shoe bet 10 lose second go to 15 but the window gets smaller each round until the loss. If lose are the odds best to keep increasing stay at 40 bucks or start dropping units per shoe? I actually wish I had a simulator to figure the best way to minimize my losses.

There is no way to do what you are asking. In the long run you will lose the least by staying at minimum bet. All betting systems like this are just superstition.

Some simulations have already been done:

http://www.blackjackincolor.com/useless5.htm

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If you are playing with a disadvantage, the ONLY way to minimize losses is to either NOT PLAY or FLAT BET the MINIMUM.

If you are playing with an advantage, well, that's a different story. An ADVANTAGE play is where the player 1) Counts cards, 2) Shuffle tracks, 3) Sequences, 4) Hole-cards, or there is 6) An off the top advantage or 7) The dealer errors often.

But by simply changing your bets based on previous WINS or LOSSES, or any other figure that is essentially RANDOM, you are increasing your bets BLINDLY, meaning chances are, the house still has an advantage an you are increasing your own DISADVANTAGE [by INCREASING your bet].

The way you described your PLAYING STYLE, you are playing at a DISADVANTAGE, no doubt, and are only increasing that disadvantage when you increase your bet. I, along with nearly everyone here, advise you to learn a card counting system.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Well I surely don't want to argue but I disagree with the majority then. I think a lot of people lose because the game is a game of fluctuation. If someone comes to a table with 100 and bets ten bucks their game will be over quick when the fluctuation is in the house favor. But if they have a hundred times their bet they can sit through and come out ahead. Lets at least agree that basic strategy and flat betting puts the house edge at very low. Losing a shoe financially and then increasing a unit I will have less wins to get to positive money where I can drop back down one unit. If I get say 3 losing shoes and start flat betting 20 bucks and I get to positive money every winning hand drop one unit till I get to 5 bucks again. I never increase during a shoe cus it's mainly flat betting. It works except if there are many bad shoes in a row. I win more than lose but it takes patience cus it's by the shoe rather than by the hand. Basic strategy and pushing the fluctuation works. I do believe counting works too it is obviously been proven over and over again.

And I am just looking for advice to improve my game not debate if it works or not.

You are essentially hoping fluctuation out race EV ,in this case Negative EV for the player if he/she is playing basic strategy.In the short term if you have enough money it's very possible it will happen ,but if the player does not win /win enough he/she may keep playing hoping to win by fluctuation to favor the player's side .The problem is as the number of rounds keep increasing ,EV(negative Ev for the player) will eventually out race Variance(fluctuation) ,therefore you by playing basic strategy will eventually lose 100%. the problem is no one know how long it takes ,but it can be calculated with a high degree of certainty.I think the area of this expertise is called statistic and mathematics.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bank builder View Post
    Well I surely don't want to argue but I disagree with the majority then.
    You came here and asked a few questions, your questions were answered by very knowledgeable people and you disagree with them?

Go for it, lose all your money, what do we care?
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Bank builder View Post
    It works except if there are many bad shoes in a row.
    What do you mean by a "bad shoe"? If a bad shoe is one where you end the shoe with less money than you started -- you can expect that most shoes will be "bad". Because most shoes are bad, and your system only works as long as there aren't any bad shoes, your system doesn't work.

And I am just looking for advice to improve my game not debate if it works or not.
    That doesn't even make sense.

You are taking something that is FALSE, assigning it to be TRUE, then continuing your "system" (or 'argument') based on that. It's like doing a long math equation or formula. If you get something wrong in the beginning stages of working out the problem, the end product will also, be wrong.

I can say that addition and multiplication are the same thing, because after all, 2+2 and 2x2 are the same thing (4). And because 3+3=6, I can argue that 3x3=6, because multiplication and addition are the same. Saying something is true does not make it true.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast