See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Risk of Ruin

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Good grief.
    Is that a respsonse to content or length? I didn't read it. Too many paragraphs.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    T, you need to take your meds.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Is that a respsonse to content or length? I didn't read it. Too many paragraphs.
    Probably both. But I wouldn't know, as I didn't read it either.

Good grief.
    Makes me glad I got into PLO.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Really?
    I think its pretty obvious.
    The definitions has you defining a RoR for a particular BR and bet spread and rule set. To do so you assume you will never change you bets. RoR changes as soon as bet ramp, BR or rules of the game change. Comments should be consistent with the things that are true by definition.

Mis-statement 1: "You are playing to a 0% RoR if you constantly resize". Definition you never resize. This statement is inconsistent with the definition.
    Mis-statement 2: "That is you RoR from that point forward". By definition once your BR, bet spread or rules of the game change so does your RoR. So once your BR changes you are no longer playing with that RoR.
    Mis-statement 3: "Optimal BR growth does not occur with a 13.5% RoR". Since RoR changes every time your BR changes you must resize in order to continue to play with a 13.5% RoR so stating resizing is necessary is redundant. I actually did state resizing but I still was told that optimal BR growth was not achieved if you play with a 13.5% RoR.

I could keep going but the point is the definition is what the definition is. Your statements should be consistent with the definition. When they aren't you start to cause confusion.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

21forme,

You took the photo right out of my mouth!

I just think too many posts have gone from the OP to Tthree bashing.....a side effect of being an AP seems to be the nastiness that creeps into personas..

Blog Entries

Drop the stick and back slowly away from the horse carcass

There is an excellent essay on this at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipe..._horse_carcass
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

21forme wins the day!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Wonder View Post
    21forme wins the day!
    If we were on SW's old site, 21forme would have won not only POM, but likely, POY!!!!
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Mis-statement 3: "Optimal BR growth does not occur with a 13.5% RoR". Since RoR changes every time your BR changes you must resize in order to continue to play with a 13.5% RoR so stating resizing is necessary is redundant. I actually did state resizing but I still was told that optimal BR growth was not achieved if you play with a 13.5% RoR.

I could keep going but the point is the definition is what the definition is. Your statements should be consistent with the definition. When they aren't you start to cause confusion.
    It is true that with a bankroll of 100 max bets you have a 5% risk of ruin which is 1 to 20 chances of losing your bankroll and 20 to 1 chances of doubling the bankroll. If you don't resize your max bet after the bankroll is double than you will lower your risk of ruin.

Good grief.
    ,NO SHIT. Isn't there anything more interesting and more productive to advance BJ or our AP skills?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast