Im posting this to get other people's thoughts on how they track their EV. Im looking for a better way to track my EV so it can be as precise as possible. I have heard of Steath tracking how many positive shoes his team played, but this seems hard to do, unless he has some sort of tip of how to keep track of all these shoes in a convenient way.

What I have been doing is just tracking the hours from when I get to a store and when i leave the store. This is obviously not that accurate, due to all the time walking around from table to table and people buying in and confusing side bet payoffs or spilled drinks etc. What Im thinking of doing though is buying a stopwatch for my wrist and every single time I backcount or join a table and play ill start the timer and whenever someone buys in ill stop it and resume it again once dealer is ready to deal. Whenever I am walking table to table trying to find a shoe to backcount, ill stop the timer and start it when a fresh deal begins. I wont do it every single second of downtime though, such as at the end of each round where dealer does payoffs and collects the cards as that's just way too much to be worried about, but nonetheless this seems to be a decent strategy. With this being said, ill be tracking the hours while 'assuming' 100 rds an hour.

This strategy to track EV to me seems to be the most convenient and and practical way. In regards to keeping track of every shoe, I guess it's possible if you just keep a tally on a notepad on your phone after every shoe you play, but i dont know that doesn't seem very convenient and practical. By doing my strategy of assuming 100 rds an hour and buying a stopwatch for your wrist, it lets you easily stop/start the timer anytime theres downtime such as walking from table to table or when people buy in or a confusing side bet payoff or spilled drink etc.

What do you guys think? Im really trying to get serious about where my EV really should be. I probably been overestimating my EV to date. Maybe being at only +10k since last july with the hours i played probably is roughly where i should be. I still think im way under EV even if i put conservative numbers in CVCX so i dont know, but I really want to start tracking my EV more accurately. So please post any ideas or what you guys do to track your EV.