See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ploppy Anger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by cc12b View Post
    Why do you play in negative count that you can hit 14v2? NMSE?
    Yes - it's a DD game with NMSE and believe it or not, the index for this play (using HO2 it's -5) occurs before my wong-out point.

Keep making the correct plays. If you're lucky all of the dummies will leave and find another table.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I am not so sure it's a good idea to hit 14 vs 2 regardless of the negative count when playing with ploppies. First, you probably have a minimum bet out and second, if you get it right, the pit may think you are counting (especially if you have been playing correct BS most of the time). Third, why get noticed or hurt the harmony at the table?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There are other players at the table?

Good comments - thanks everybody...

I think I'm leaning towards RollingStoned's advice. It was bad judgment to make such a bold play in a face-up game in front of other players that I see regularly. Not that I'm worried about heat in this store - the floor people are clueless and don't watch the game very close. But the small gain in EV still doesn't outweigh the possible negative outcomes.

So I think I'll save the minimum-bet index plays for the pitch (face-down) games. But if we're talking about doubling an A9 v. 5 or 6 in a monster count with max bet out, I don't care who's watching. I'm making that play..

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    " ... A9 v. 5 or 6 in a monster count with max bet out."
    That play will have surveillance noting that you made the verboten play with a BIG bet at a BIG count.
    You are a heavy favorite in either case. The 'forbidden' play will probably earn you an extra 3% on your
    play. So ... for a drop in e.v. you expose yourself to some very unpleasant and ultimately costly outcomes.
    This is but one of the (somewhat expensive) prices that I pay in order to continue being "self-employed."
    Of course, the same issue arises with splittable Face Cards. Need I say more ?

Funny enough, none of these players ever tip me when I make a play that causes them to win. Apparently I'm playing for them though, cause they sure make it known when I make a play that causes them to lose.

I once was advised by a young Asian female ploppy that I should probably stop playing blackjack after some deviations. She kept playing the Tie The Dealer and was incredibly lucky. The count was insanely high, and my deviations all failed. The dealer concluded 2 spots converted to 6 split / doubled hands vs dealer 5 with a 21 and cleaned me. My worst loss (first time I lost 4 digits) so far.

That's when she told me I should stop blackjack. She made a grand on side bets alone and was all over the place otherwise.

I have "saved the table" many times with deviations. Either way, just act like a ploppy, win or lose. Deviations are more likely to help with camouflage except with insurance and 16vT. Put up an act.

In starting to believe that the best way to act like a ploppy is to be an asshole to other players.

Quote Originally Posted by hitthat16 View Post
    In starting to believe that the best way to act like a ploppy is to be an asshole to other players.
    The best is to act like you're not a cold blooded counter.

[QUOTE=hitthat16;202831]In starting to believe that the best way to act like a ploppy is to be an asshole to other players.[/Q

Probably the best advice I've come across on here! Lmao.

[QUOTE=Stevie Wonder;202888]
    Quote Originally Posted by hitthat16 View Post
    In starting to believe that the best way to act like a ploppy is to be an asshole to other players.[/Q

Probably the best advice I've come across on here! Lmao.
    A few months ago, this ploppy was busting my chops with a number of cheap shots as my doubles weren't working (initially). Regardless, my chip stack kept growing as he kept buying in. I never countered his verbal abuse. Eventually, he went to the pisser, and came back to the table with his zipper undone - which I reminded him on. He zippered up, proffering his apologies. No worries, I said - no big thing.

I countered with an additional few cheap shots, again as my chip stack continued to grow. Finally he exclaimed - you don't like me for some reason. I don't dislike you I replied - however, you have thrown cheap shots at me continuously, and I've finally thrown a few in return. It was cash out time after an hour - happy with my 500 buy in and 4800 cash out after 1 hour or so.

Asshole? - maybe, but only at the appropriate times. And for the record - I never raised my voice.

[QUOTE=Freightman;202890]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Wonder View Post

Asshole? - maybe, but only at the appropriate times. And for the record - I never raised my voice.
    We should have asshole stories.
    Dickwad, already pissed to the gills when i sat down, was enjoying an absolutely steady stream of drinks, likely due to the green chip gratuities he was proffering to the waitress.

From the moment I sat down, pencil dick was proffering a steady stream of insults in my direction. I never responded. For an hour, this kept up as his continually diminishing capacity was creating a 1 way stream of traffic of his chips from his stack to the tray. Meanwhile, my stack, like an ever growing schtikle, kept on increasing in size. Finally, numb nuts comments included cheap shots about my wife, whom of course, he has never met. What was that you said, not yelling, but designed to catch the ear of the nearby critter. I chastised the pit indicating the non stop stream of booze in this guys direction - further stating that the house had both a legal and moral obligation to insure shitface dud not get behind the wheel. I was a gentleman about the hole thing, backed up by the dealer. House bought dinner, and I've never seen shithead since.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast