See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL play-o-the-weak 2016

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    What a game by Bradford.
    Even without Peterson being a factor and with what I imagine must have been a lot of pain in his left hand he managed to lead an impressive offense.
    Great game by the Viking's defense also.
    Even Waynes managed to redeem himself with that last interception, stopping a drive that looked menacing.
    Well deserved win for the Viking's.

I favor unfavorable QB matchups…of course, last week Sam Bradford, who I have tons of respect as a QB, had a ‘phenomenal’ performance after only being a Viking for a whole 15 days…I know how hard these guys work the entire offseason and OTAs to get their timing down with receivers and linemen…although he was off timing w/ receivers (sans Diggs), O linemen had multiple false starts, even consecutively, in the end…GB Rodgers did prove to be the difference…he stunk…couldn’t even throw screen passes, and HE was the one who was off with receivers (beautiful left shoulder throw to Nelson and he turns right???)…and I had the better Oklahoma RB…yes, Lacy looked better than AP in both games this year…not sure why everyone is distressed over his season ending injury – he is a just a ‘threat’ and nothing more (31 rushes 50 yards….1.6 avg is not scaring anyone…. I was actually pissed he got hurt as backups ran harder and better – AP won’t be back next year, either)

On to tonight’s matchup…Brissett gets the start, Gronk will be back…but it won’t be enough…this one has “on to Buffalo” written all over it…take the TEXANS +1 tonight for an easy win

GOOD LUCK!

Sharky

Last week: 0-1
    Season: 0-2

PS: I likely have a Sunday pick this week as well

sure everyone that hasn't 'floated' my picks are waiting with baited breath...picking on, or against QBs with little or no tape with their team has always been difficult on my system...frankly, it's been difficult to watch the NFL (same w/ college, too) with all the egregious pushing off by receivers...thankfully, I am playing golf today...take the REDSKINS +3.5 (-120, but likely to drop) today.

GOOD LUCK!

Sharky

Banned or Suspended

Please post YOUR favorite WebSites for the NFL that
    includes the straight odds as well as the point spread ?

Banned or Suspended

Today
    :

Bills +4 [An 'iffy' selection]

Eagles +3½ [Best Bet of the week]

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Today
    :

Bills +4 [An 'iffy' selection]

Eagles +3½ [Best Bet of the week]
    I guess old habits die hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Please post YOUR favorite WebSites for the NFL that
    includes the straight odds as well as the point spread ?

imo the best for lines is covers.com as they show line move across multiple stores

profootballfocus.com BY FAR the best for analysis...if you know X&Os, matchups

Banned or Suspended

Off to a fine start:

This week: 2-0

...now page 3...lol

Los Angeles visits ARIZONA fresh off an impressive 32-32 road win @Tampa Bay…wait, 37 points are over 2.5 road games of scoring for the Rams…they will be tired..lol…you can take the Rams out of St Louis, but you can’t take the St Louis out of the Rams…this is a bad road team against a much more powerful offense…it shouldn’t be close…take the CARDINALS -8 for this week’s play

GOOD LUCK!

Sharky

Last week: 1-1
    Season: 1-3

Did you actually get -8?

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    If you go to covers.com/NFL odds/line history you will see that many different books offered -8 or better around the time Sharky posted his pick.
    Yep.
    Line is -10 now.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Did you actually get -8?
    yes, i bet yesterday at -8...I post lines that I bet...sometimes I post just to put my play on tape...but update (rarely) what I actually bet b4 the game begins...obviously i've could've said i did this wk one and won with Cinci as a pick or even a tie with-1...in which case I would be only down the vig this yr...but I didn't b/c I already put it in at -2...not pulling anything...I post what I bet....never have 'picked and choose' line to benefit me..or go with the silly opening lines on the tournaments Don references - in which case I'd be rich...or richer..lol

Sharky do you have an email I can write you at?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast