Thread: backbetter interupted me today

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

backbetter interupted me today

Hey I was at one of the regular mix of stores today when I had something come up that isn't common around here which is backbetting. It so happened at this time I was at the top of this stores comfort range. It was a 25-1000 game and I was at TC +5 and had max bet out of $400 when an Asian man came up to the table and suddenly capped my bet to 1000 just before the deal. Now its fairly common practice for the Asians here to huddle around one of their players and all throw money onto the circle but never had they not bet on one of their own like this guy did. When this bet was made of course dealer now calls out player take and quickly drew the attention of pit. Hand was dealt and I drew 20 and we won. He thanked and tossed me 100. I went with it and asked if he wanted to let it ride and next hand we got blackjack. Toked me another 150 and tossed dealer 50. I was getting better EV here and we went to +3TC so I ramped down slightly and he covered the rest to table max. We ended up going 6-2 on these bets and he tossed me a black on every win and I exited out near shuffle at 0 and offered him the "lucky" spot if he wanted it and gave the excuse to the pit at color up that I was late for a meeting.

Should I just take an extended break from this joint for a while?

Should I have just declined his action initially? It happened so quickly that it took me off guard.

Please advise. Thanks

I would have started flat betting $200 or $300 and had that guy back betting you as long as possible. You had a golden goose there.

Banned or Suspended

I have not seen rider bets permitted anywhere in many years; but I fail to see the problem.
    You bet less than the max bet. His bet does not get ADDED on top of yours. It goes alongside
    of yours. You are the "driver" as they say, as you make the final playing decisions.
    What is your problem ? You can still double or split as you deem appropriate.