Thread: Addition to CVBJ in next update possible?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Addition to CVBJ in next update possible?

OK, Norm you mentioned or stated this in another thread:

"Counting systems are generally a personal choice. Personally, I like the color green. Don doesn't like green. And yet, we are friends."

To extrapolate further, however, you BOTH apparently agree on using RPC, since you learned it years ago when playing and have stated in various threads/quotes that you didn't necessarily see any reason to change.

So unless I'm missing something from my version of CVBJ, this count, with indexes, is NOT included in your program. Do I need to add the tags as a different strategy (and user added alternative) or will you enlighten us and add that to another update? If you and Don both use it, it can't be all bad can it? LOL
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries

Copyright problem. Revere won't answer my calls for some reason.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Did you try his daughter?

In event, does anything stop you from generating all the indices (which, of course, you've already done) and simply using the output of your own software?

Don

Blog Entries

The family said I needed to go to the publisher. Oddly, the publisher was in the building next to the building where I had my offices. (Bernie Madoff's building). It has since moved. Anyhow, I could not get in touch with them.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Don's simple suggestion is all you need. Don't consult the book. Generate your own indices. No copyright issues there.

Well I understand tags are not copyrightable and you (or your program) can generate indexes. You named one of your counts REKO. How about NRPC for "Norm's Real Point Count" or something along those lines. Surely, and I mean this sincerely, something that you and Don have used successfully and still do, merits inclusion in your own program don't you agree?
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

I believe Norm's FELT system uses the same tags as RPC, and both the compromise and real indices (FELT-F) are included in the software.

Blog Entries

Yes, FELT is essentially RPC but with full-deck divisors for TC calculation.

Thanks both of you. I will spend more time studying and on the program/book