Hi,

I'm having a very hard time figuring out how the Ace bet count drill figures out the count. Using Hi-Opt 2, with 1 deck and 1/4 deck resolution. When I do the drill I don't see how it's getting the count it's using. I think if I go through a few hands it'll be easier to illustrate what I mean. I switched it to count down 2 cards at a time and to check the count each time.

Starting drill count =0
QA = -4 no problem. RC is -2 with 1 ace deficit so that's another -2. 1 deck remaining
28 = -2 ??? How is it now -2? Shouldn't it be -3? RC is -1 with 1 ace deficit total of -3. Still 1 deck remaining
3A = -3? Again, with RC 0 and 2 aces out why isn't BC -4?
7A = -5? Now RC is +1 with 3 Aces out, if it's using 3/4 decks remaining then their are 2 extra aces out bringing us to -3. If we multiply by 4/3 why isn't the BC now -4?

I think this gives you an idea of what I'm talking about. I understand the concept of adding/subtracting 2 for each ace surplus/deficit and then multiplying by the inverse of the deck(s) remaining. I just can't figure out why it's getting the numbers for this drill. Any help would be great, thanks.