Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red 7 vs. UBZ2 in CVCX. I'm confused.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Red 7 vs. UBZ2 in CVCX. I'm confused.

For the game double deck, H17, DA2, DAS, 50% pen 1-8 spread while comparing Red 7 and Unbalanced Zen 2, I'm confused as to why only ROR is reduced for UBZ while N0 increases, and hourly EV decreases. Is this supposed to happen for this game? I thought N0 was supposed to decrease.

I can't follow your post.

You state you are comparing a particular DD game, pen and spread for 2 counts. Than You make a bunch of ambiguous statements about changes that don't make reference to what you are comparing to what. Please rewrite your OP so it can be followed by someone other than you.

From the OP i would assume UBZ had a lower RoR, higher n0 and lower EV/100 than Red7. N0 decreases when SCORE increases. SCORE takes EV and factors in variance. RoR factors in Variance. EV/100 does not. Is your surprise in the stats or the relationship between the 2 counts in the sim?

To clarify. Since going from level 1 unbalanced count (Red 7) to level 2 unbalanced count (UBZ2) I would have thought that score would increase, N0 decrease due to better playing efficiency for this double deck game similar to what was simulated in Blackjack Attack 3rd ed. page 168-169 etc. Since Snyder's original zen doesn't perform that much better according to Don S in BJ Attack compared to UBZ2, the N0 number made more sense by decreasing significantly when I compared Red 7 to Snyder's Original Zen. That is why I was confused when it showed UBZ2 in CVCX having lower score, higher N0, lower EV/hr and only improving the ROR by only a tad.

Simplest of answers: you're doing something wrong. Start with Red 7 for DD. Choose rules, number of players, 50% pen and 1-8 spread. Make sure to manually adjust the minimum bets. Get your SCORE. Now, leave everything alone and go up to the Compare field in the red menu. Choose Unbalanced Zen II. You should see the SCORE improve by a couple of bucks. (The RORs for the two should be identical, at around 13.5%, if you play optimally).

Don

I think we have a problem here. That does't sound right. Is this a sim set you ran? I would expect UBZ2 to have about a 14% gain in EV, and about the same increase in SCORE and corresponding decrease in n0. If you are comparing you should try to get the same RoR for each so the stats reflect equivalent situations.
    Last edited by Three; 07-21-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Blog Entries

You would have to post screenshots. It sounds like you are specifying too low a bankroll where the desired RoR cannot be reached, or specifying a minimum bet that is not reasonable.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks Don and Norm for your input. I have only used the canned sims in CVCX and clicked on 'compare.' Attached are screen shots of my attempted comparisons.

Red7_2dk_1-8.jpgUBZ2_2dk_1-8.jpg

Blog Entries

Try e-mailing it to me.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

What's your email address. I have restricted privileges.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wino View Post
    Since going from level 1 unbalanced count (Red 7) to level 2 unbalanced count (UBZ2)
    I have to speak up here. Red7 is a level 2 count despite counting all the counted cards as magnitude 1 since you only count 1 color of the 7's as +1 and the other at 0 it is a slightly less accurate version of counting all 7's as +0.5. To me that makes Red7 a level 2 count. A level 1 count counts all ranks as -1, 0, or +1. What is the 7 rank counted as in Red7? It is counted as both 0 an +1 or on average +0.5. That makes it a level 2 count.

Blog Entries

The Red7 sims use Arnold's DD indices. The UBZ II sims for 2-8 decks use George's composite indices. Actually, a pre-release of his indices as he may have made some changes after he sent me an early copy. Again, all indices used by CV products come from the books. So, there are differing numbers and accuracy of indices making comparisons difficult. The point of the canned systems is to show how the strategies compare exactly as presented in the books. For an apples to apples comparison of the potential of a set of tag values, you would need to run your own sims.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast