Thread: Cvcx

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Cvcx

Why does the win rate go up and N0 go lower(meaning less rounds) when you play two hands off the top at TC0 than if you put 1 hand at TC0? Wouldnt playing an extra hand at TC0(disadvantage) make you earn less and thus make the N0 go higher(more rounds)? Im trying to sim a 6 deck game S17, DAS, LS 75% pen game. I just dont understand why this happens?

Most likely the amount you are betting at each true count went up increasing your ev and decreasing your N0. CVCX adjusts your bets for co-variance. Otherwise post a screenshot.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Most likely the amount you are betting at each true count went up increasing your ev and decreasing your N0. CVCX adjusts your bets for co-variance. Otherwise post a screenshot.
    No the other bets didnt go up, i used the freeze custom bet feature. I think the 'play 2 hands' feature is bugged out on cvcx when you tell it to only play at higher TCs or at different TCs, that is my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWoLF View Post
    No the other bets didnt go up, i used the freeze custom bet feature. I think the 'play 2 hands' feature is bugged out on cvcx when you tell it to only play at higher TCs or at different TCs, that is my reasoning.
    Are you talking the CVCX in the tool bar on this site? The two hands feature there doesn't work properly. That said whether it is better to play two hands than 1 takes into account covariance. Your idea of how things should work is not based on what it should be. See BJA pages 20-27.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Are you talking the CVCX in the tool bar on this site? The two hands feature there doesn't work properly. That said whether it is better to play two hands than 1 takes into account covariance. Your idea of how things should work is not based on what it should be. See BJA pages 20-27.
    No, the actual program. The 'play two hands' feature either doesnt work well or adding two hands at negative expectation seems to actually be better than 1 hand at a disadvantage? Makes no sense to me. One hand at TC0 yields less in win rate and worse N0 but two hands at TC0 yields better win rate and better N0. I dont understand. The other bets are frozen using the 'freeze custom bets' feature.

Screen shots would probably help everyone figure it out a lot easier. Otherwise we'll spend a few pages asking various questions that could be answered by just looking at a screenshot.