See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Double Down card face down

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    or if you double on a soft 17 against a 9 or 10 and get a 10, and they start mumbling or discussing your decision. You shut that up when you ask for a face down.

Zee......I think sometimes you get overwrought and "perhaps" type too quickly without review. So to give you a chance, do you REALLY double A6 v a 9 or 10? Basic strategy? I'm not even sure WHAT index would suggest this move. Just trying to give you a chance to correct yourself.
    Last edited by MJGolf; 07-06-2016 at 07:21 PM.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Guys, I double 11 vs 10 on positive counts, balk at -1, don't at lower counts. I was giving examples of face up double down cards that get ploppies agitated or plays where they make comments, such as hitting A7 against 9-11. If you get a 9 or 8, they start making comments about making a hand worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Guys, I double 11 vs 10 on positive counts, balk at -1, don't at lower counts. I was giving examples of face up double down cards that get ploppies agitated or plays where they make comments, such as hitting A7 against 9-11. If you get a 9 or 8, they start making comments about making a hand worse.
    I'm glad you clarified some. I think you wouldn't get as many negative comments from people on this board if you didn't state incorrect BS plays. That's all I'm saying. In the post you made here you talk about hitting A7 v 9-A (I assume 11 is A in your vernacular) and that's correct BS. It DOES sometimes elicit comments from dealers and amateurs that you have 18 already; you shouldn't hit. But I also quoted you directly from another post where you said you "doubled Soft 17 against a 9 or 10" and they commented on your play. Therefore a reason for you to request the double down card face down. I don't think that's a correct BS play either and I just figured you would want to correct yourself...............if you indeed so choose. Or explain why in the world you made this play.
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    "you said you "doubled Soft 17 against a 9 or 10" and they commented on your play. Therefore a reason for you to request the double down card face down. I don't think that's a correct BS play either and I just figured you would want to correct yourself...............if you indeed so choose. Or explain why in the world you made this play.
    you said you "doubled Soft 17 against a 9 or 10" and they commented on your play. Therefore a reason for you to request the double down card face down. I don't think that's a correct BS play either.

WE N E V E R stand on Soft 17 !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234