See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: You Won't Win

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Nice one Frank. One of Louis Gossett's best movies! Hmmmmm Frank. Did you graduate from OU law school or another house of ill repute. Because attorneys are just a different breed "of women of the night" are we not?
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    Same thing in politics or political parties, right? LOL Not that I want to get political on this thread or forum. Though I will opine that I get virulently ill thinking that the "two frontrunners" to be our country's CEO are the BEST we can do. Really?

(I will delete this post or you can Norm if it's deemed too political and not sarcastically satirical as intended)
    MJGolf, The shadow govt that runs the world ensures puppets or idiots are the only choice that the people will get, be it Afghanistan, Egypt or the USA. The 1% always decide whether you get coke or Pepsi (you ain't getting nothin else).

Norm, feel free to delete.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Ah yes. Ogden Nash wrote: "Procrastination is all of the time." Just as true, projection is all of the time.
    Just to advise that the Procrastinators convention was cancelled. The fellow in charge of sending out the invitations never got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    Nice one Frank. One of Louis Gossett's best movies! Hmmmmm Frank. Did you graduate from OU law school or another house of ill repute. Because attorneys are just a different breed "of women of the night" are we not?
    Grew up in Boston suburb, attended college and law school up there (Did you read the reference in my signature to "Fictitious Boston Attorney"?). Being somewhat of a contrarian, moved to Florida for love (met wife while in law school, she was in grad school, but from FL) and career, as opposed to those who move here when they have, or are wrapping up their careers.

Now as for your comments about women relegated to working the night shift, if only my union clientele would organize them. Damn that would make for some interesting negotiations. Can you say, merit pay bonuses? How about performance reviews? I can only imagine the riveting disciplinary hearings, grievances and arbitrations.

By the way, why do you denigrate working women by associating them with our lowly profession? They earn every penny, unlike most lawyers and law firms. And don't get me started on comparative ethics between our professions (or lack thereof).
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Just to advise that the Procrastinators convention was cancelled. The fellow in charge of sending out the invitations never got around to it.
    I am surprised someone got around to announce that

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Crap. No Shasta. RC Cola and a moon pie. Now I'm talking Bodarcs lingo. No doubling on 11 vs. 10? You are starting to upset me Zee.
    Moses, never said I won't double on 11 vs 10. The discussion was about getting the double card face down and speculation about why one would ask for it face down. I just was stating how some ploppies make comments such as
    "I would never double down on an 11 vs 10.."

This guy who gets irritated because some other player wants his card face down (some dealers give it face down without asking me and I Don't mind) is upset that it does not bother me when someone gets a card face down.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345