See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Learning about side counts

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Wanted you to put up the kramer skit on Seinfield when he gets 86ed from the fruit market. I found it under Seinfeld kramer fruits. It's 4 min. Hilarious and ironic to Norm's difficult job.
    Done
    https://youtu.be/4diUdRy2YL4

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I pointed out that Boz somehow instantly violated a FOURTH MYSTERY RULE when no one was around to see it and thus he had to be perma-banned.
    Most of Boz's posts were personal attacks. Obviously you don't know the difference between attacking an idea and attacking a person. I think most here felt Norm was quite generous to give Boz a second and third chance. Then Boz continued his personal attacks and trolling. Boz wrecked second chances for anyone else by his abuse of his third chance. How hard is it to post without attacking people?
    What false accusation did I make?
    You are making one right now but that is not what he is talking about.
    this was deemed just too much for his foray back into the world of free conversation and he was banned for trolling.
    Free speech is freedom to speak critically of government. It has nothing to do with anything else. You can get fired for what you say. You can get the shit kicked out of you for what you say. You can get banned from a forum for what you say. With the exception of the beating non of this is a violation of your free speech. What you say has consequences. Any normal thinking person understands this. You are free to say what you want and then you will suffer the consequences from those that are free to react to it. Only free speech against the government is protected as consequence free.
    This isn't rocket science. I've noticed only sycophants want to defend this violation of what it is to be a MODERATOR and I've noticed that MANY ARE VERY VERY QUIET ALL THE SUDDEN, including the accused, who STILL refuses to address my said false accusation.
    He doesn't need to address it because his record of over the top patients that all here witnessed speaks for him. Your attempt to rewrite history and inflame members will not fly with anyone that has been here for any length of time.
    The fact is, you don't really deserve this "forum" bc it is not a place of free thought.
    You can express any thought that can be made within the posting guidelines. You remind me of the people that ruins freedoms. When I was young everyone had freedom. It was not guaranteed by law but by mutual respect and discretion. You were free to smoke pot as long as you weren't a disruption and dispersed when asked to. You were free to be gay as long as you didn't do it in front of people who are offended by it. Respect is the key to freedom. Once you offend or disrespect in the name of freedom those freedoms that are implied are no longer freedoms. People sticking in the mans face started the war on drugs. People were free to do anything they want as long as they didn't offend people or disrespect authority. Today those that want to be free insure nobody can be by wanting to stick it in the face of those offended by whatever they are wanting to do. Freedom is about discretion and respect. When there is a lack of that, people want laws on the books and have them enforced that would take away your freedom to do what you want while taking into account the feelings of others. This "me" generation and gen "x"ers only care about themselves and don't care if they offend everyone else. That is not freedom. Your freedom stops where it affects me. If you go past that point you are infringing on others freedoms.
    Last edited by Three; 07-13-2016 at 03:54 PM.

There is iron in your words of death for all forum members to see. Therefore, there is iron in your words of life.

Or if you get a rare bad peach from the best fruitstand in town. You don't go tell the owner how to run his biz.

Hmmm. One would just assume everyone knew this.
    https://youtu.be/eyPZFi2b380

Blog Entries

Hominem unius libri timeo

Saint Thomas Aquinas is said to have stated: "hominem unius libri timeo." That is: "I fear the man of a single book."

One of the first concepts that an AP must learn is not to follow one teacher. Suppose you pick the wrong teacher. Suppose the environment changes. Suppose you want to play in differing arena? Latching on to the first person that pays attention to you reminds me of young folk that bus into my city and fall prey to the worst of the worst predators. Sorry for the comparison -- but, I've seen this too often in this field.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

You are good Freighter.
    Can't help it. It's a flaw, as well as a burden that I have to live with. I've tried to be mean and nasty, practiced my snarl - all to no avail. I'm doomed to be a nice guy forever.

Some's got it. Some ain't.
    I also give lessons in modesty and humility - at reasonable rates

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    "Most of Boz's posts were personal attacks. Obviously you don't know the difference between attacking an idea and attacking a person. I think most here felt Norm was quite generous to give Boz a second and third chance. Then Boz continued his personal attacks and trolling. Boz wrecked second chances for anyone else by his abuse of his third chance. How hard is it to post without attacking people?"
    This is known as an Ad Hominum attack; something D. Trump is prone to.

It is a sign that the debater has no strong defense of his position and no
    strong critique of that of his opponent; but such attacks are VALID when
    there is a position taken that someone's credentials for supporting their
    position is inadequate to the task.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ad Hominem.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314