See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New husband and wife team first experiences.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Great story BEC88, Wow winning a nice grill to boot...... Good Job

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Boz
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    has displayed an interesting posting history, which tends to exude sincerity, a desire to improve, and no real desire to settle world on fire.
    There, I didn't alter your quote this time.

It must be nice to have such a wife/playing partner. I dropped in a joint for the first time on a road trip because we needed a rest stop and some food with my wife and the place had fewer spots per table than I had seen but you could only play one spot. It was crowded but I got them to open a new table that wasn't scheduled to open so I would play rather than continue to my real destination. I explained the situation to my wife and she suggested she play a spot for a cut of the winnings. I knew the table would crowd up and it was worth playing 2 spots even though I had an idea of what to expect. My wife hates losing, even one hand.

Well after a while the game is ready and we start playing. We slowly make a few hundred green chipping in a shoe like I usually do if things don't go real bad. Then it crowds up and the count skyrockets. It was a count that offer counters wouldn't bet into but my count had it as a big advantage. Finally we get up to max bet and have won around a thousand more on this second shoe. I split and double my hand and she hits without asking me. It wasn't even a close call and the correct play was to stand. Well ewe would have won all our bets but we lost them for a $1500 swing. We ended up about breaking even after 3 shoes maybe a minimal profit but we didn't lose. I wasn't too hard on her and explained she cost us $1500 on that round but the play changed the shoe future so it is impossible to say the global effect. Her act really sucked. She was supposed act the wife trying to learn the game and ask me about everything. It should have been easy because she knows nothing. She couldn't even act like she knew nothing when she did know nothing. i told her if we did that again she would need to do better at asking the one teaching her how to play.

Anyway I am glad you are enjoying such a relationship. If only my wife could follow direction and act the part.

Quote Originally Posted by bec88 View Post
    My wife is fairly small in size and very innocent looking, she comments occasionally that she gets patronizing advice from male ploppies on how to play as they assume she has no idea what shes doing.
    You are doing the "wrong" thing

The majority of the time we play separate tables, most of the times being where i might play a bit and then go hit up some good video poker the local joint has while she plays some, or i might chat with other locals. I am more hesitant of playing together at double deck as the betting is easier to spot. 6 deck seems to lend itself better to us playing together. I really am wanting to really fine tune an act if we play together. Mostly on the betting side of it. Really just depends on each session. If we can hide behind a ploppy betting big it puts my mind at ease a bit.

It is a feel-good story. But is it true?

Mathematically speaking, it is almost impossible.

$5 to $40 spread on 6D shoe earns you 0.3% of the bets theoretically. Let's calculate how many hours does it take someone to earn $10,000 in six months.

Hourly bet is $8 x100 = $800
    Hourly gain is $800 x 0.3% = $2.40

$10000/$2.40 = 4000 hours

4000 hours / 6 month = 666 hour/month

Each one of them need to play 333 hours each month. Or 11 hours per day. Do the couple have a day job?

BJGenius just went original gangsta on bac 88.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    It is a feel-good story. But is it true?

Mathematically speaking, it is almost impossible.

$5 to $40 spread on 6D shoe earns you 0.3% of the bets theoretically. Let's calculate how many hours does it take someone to earn $10,000 in six months.

Hourly bet is $8 x100 = $800
    Hourly gain is $800 x 0.3% = $2.40

$10000/$2.40 = 4000 hours

4000 hours / 6 month = 666 hour/month

Each one of them need to play 333 hours each month. Or 11 hours per day. Do the couple have a day job?
    The OP didn't say they won $10,000. He said they turned their $4K BR into $10K, which means they have a net win of $6K. I personally had a $33K win streak in 3 months when I was in my first year (over the course of 120hrs or so), playing 2x$25 to 2x$300 on 6D games. That's only a 12:1 spread. ANYTHING can happen in the short-term... I was clearly WAY over EV (probably 5x over). I obviously didn't continue to win at that pace and went on a $17K losing streak shorty afterwards. But as I put more hours in, I eventually recouped those losses and exceeded it by much more as time went on. Not impossible at all! Sounds like Bec88 experienced some positive variance.

And side note: Bec88 also mentioned that they graduated to a $10 unit. If I read it correctly, they were spreading $10 to $80 later on.

Yeah the 5-40 spread was early on when the bankroll was small. The EV wasnt near as much. We usually spread 1-5 o 1-6 some times 1-8 on a 10$ game. and i usually spread at least 1-20 on 6d now. I couldnt afford a 10$ min with 4000$ and keep a low RoR so spreading 5-40 on the 6d even with the good rules and pen the EV was in the 5-8$/hr range. Ran into a positive jump enough to get good enough bank to hit the 10$ game. Now with current spreads the EV is in the 15$-25$/hr range depending on the game and conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    And side note: Bec88 also mentioned that they graduated to a $10 unit. If I read it correctly, they were spreading $10 to $80 later on.
    He constantly reedit the post to make the story straight. Luckily I have the first print in my head.

He constantly reedit the post to make the story straight. Luckily I have the first print in my head.
    Well according to the time stamps on each post, your response came 24 hrs after his last edit. Is it possible that maybe you misread it to begin with? Or does it normally take you more than 24 hrs to respond to a post after reading it initially?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryemo View Post
    Well according to the time stamps on each post, your response came 24 hrs after his last edit. Is it possible that maybe you misread it to begin with? Or does it normally take you more than 24 hrs to respond to a post after reading it initially?
    Yes, it is normal. There is no evidence of fraud in the original post until several modifications were made, aiming to make the story more believable. I just gathered information and processed.

Are you kidding me man, I'm more than welcome to provide the original post i typed up in MS Word before pasted in forum and then corrected a few errors and clarified a few details. I can also provide you with a detailed log of all our play time i keep as well so you can run the numbers yourself.... besides what would I benefit from fabricating a story about low limit card counting red chips with a rather normal +1SD result thus far. Really not that special.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast