See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bet Reduction

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bet Reduction

Howdy, howdy

Here is the scenario. Count dictates that you increase your bet. You put more money out only to push. The count now calls for a lesser bet. Do you pull chips of your stack or does this draw attention so let it be?

Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrisB View Post
    Howdy, howdy

Here is the scenario. Count dictates that you increase your bet. You put more money out only to push. The count now calls for a lesser bet. Do you pull chips of your stack or does this draw attention so let it be?

Thanks much.
    As the Beatles would say, "let it be."

You mostly follow the bet suggested by the count. If the count is at the cusp of a bet change I opt for the same bet if it is one of the 2. More steps to a bet ramp increases the stats from the sim but also makes it easier to spot what you are doing because you change your bets more. More steps with fewer bet changes gets the best of both.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Howdy, howdy

Thanks much.
    Generally, you pull it back and bet what the count says to bet.

If you have to ask whether or not you should implement a cover strategy, my guess is that you probably shouldn't waste money on cover because it won't buy you anything. I would only leave the bet out there if the count was borderline.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Howdy, howdy

Thanks much.
    Pull the whole bet down and make a new bet. You should get into the habit of doing this all of the time

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sometimes i will push on 20 and use the "cant even win on 20" excuse. and lower my bet. Usually though i am always messing with chips so i have not had much issue just betting with the count in my local stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Generally, you pull it back and bet what the count says to bet.
    My stalker is online. 3 unhelpfuls in the last 10 minutes.

A bad case of botitis?

Banned or Suspended

Opinions vary somewhat, but not among professional players:

Never more than double your last wager; and never reduce it

by greater than half. To do so is suspicious. This is important,

because in pitch games the True Count can vary considerably

from round to round.

Similar to this is having too many bet levels in your betting

ramp. It is easy to pick off amateur card counters as they will

resize their bets far far more often then ploppies will, as a rule.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    My stalker is online. 3 unhelpfuls in the last 10 minutes.
    Nope. Different posters. Perhaps you might think about why you are getting neg votes. And why you just received yet another suspension elsewhere.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Nope. Different posters. Perhaps you might think about why you are getting neg votes. And why you just received yet another suspension elsewhere.
    Really? Hmm...I knew it could be multiple posters. I'll quit complaining. I haven't been suspended anywhere recently--I'm on no other forum. Whoever you're referring to, it is not me.

Wait--I lied. I was suspended at a cat lover's forum for...making fun of them. But that doesn't count.

I just looked at WOV. A boz was suspended there. The most recent post was trash-talking about Norm. That's not me! He's been a member since before I even began counting. If you truly don't believe me, I can give you my old name that I used to use there--and my posts should be able to verify my identity...but I assure you, that is not me. I don't think that guy is even an AP--it's mostly ploppies.
    Last edited by Boz; 06-07-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Apologies. I'll take your word for it. In any case, I didn't let it affect how I interact with you here.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast