Thread: ideal surrendering in hole card strategy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

ideal surrendering in hole card strategy

Hello does surrendering in hole card strategy exist? I have been only able to find this strategy: http://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/appendix/16/

thanks for any help

also is there a chart that tells you the edge of steering like a 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 as the dealer's downcard?
    Last edited by realestate; 06-02-2016 at 08:43 PM.

1) All stiff and soft hands (not A9) against a 20.
    2) 13-18 v. 19
    3) Basic strategy surrenders.
    4) 14-17 v. 11

EDIT: Some plays are more bizarre than others and may cause immediate heat...if you didn't already realize that.
    Last edited by Boz; 06-03-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    2) 13-18 v. 19
    Now surrendering an 18 won't attract much attention will it. Why don't you just tell them you are hole carding. They will know at about the same amount of time. LoL
    I'm 100% that any errors will cost you next to nil.
    Surrendering an 18 is likely to get him backed off and black booked. That is the most costly thing that can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by realestate View Post
    also is there a chart that tells you the edge of steering like a 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 as the dealer's downcard?
    I think this might be what you're looking for realestate:

https://apheat.net/2014/03/19/my-sin...asy/#more-5643
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Now surrendering an 18 won't attract much attention will it. Why don't you just tell them you are hole carding. They will know at about the same amount of time. LoL

Surrendering an 18 is likely to get him backed off and black booked. That is the most costly thing that can happen.
    In terms of EV. He referenced an optimal strategy chart and didn't ask about cover. Guess a proviso couldn't have hurt, but I would automatically infer that a holecarder will have enough experience to recognize what is bizarre.

Banned or Suspended

Surrender an 18 ? What a hoot ! Here is the very best way to accomplish it.

Wear underwear well soaked in bourbon whiskey and have a flask in your pocket.

Fall off your chair, exclaiming, "I surrender" all the way down. Be sure to feign

unconsciousness until security comes, props you up, and says "Good Luck Sir!"

8 - }

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Surrender an 18 ? What a hoot ! Here is the very best way to accomplish it.

Wear underwear well soaked in bourbon whiskey and have a flask in your pocket.

Fall off your chair, exclaiming, "I surrender" all the way down. Be sure to feign

unconsciousness until security comes, props you up, and says "Good Luck Sir!"

8 - }

That better be the cheapest house bourbon available, because I am not sure I'd want to waste any good stuff on the possibility that I might need to deliver an Oscar worthy performance on a SR with an 18 versus Dealer's 19. Price of the wasted drink might very well exceed the EV from that maneuver.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Why aren't you guys making fun of surrendering 19 v. 20? That's a stiff hand against a 20, and I meant to convey that in the original response. Why is 18 so much funnier?

Why aren't you guys making fun of surrendering 19 v. 20? Why is 18 so much funnier?
    Comedy is all about the Rule of Threes. 18 has 6 of them.

-Sonny-