See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will flat betting buy me any time?

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Heed the warnings.

Words of Wisdom from Stealth.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Forewarned is forearmed.

Obviously LW is unaware of the depth

and breadth of what he doesn't know.

A common human failing, especially for males under 30.

I agree with Flash. LW seems to be a nightmare to try to teach anything. He won't believe a hot burner will burn you until he gets burned no matter how many people tell him he will get burned if he touches it. I have known some hard to teach people.

I took this a friend jetty fishing after he kept seeing and hearing about my success. The entire time the one thing I kept telling him was you are going to get the hit right at your feet as the waves rise on the rocks and then the current runs off. Let the rebel swim in place in the current form the wave receding from the rocks. When the level of the water is near the low point they will hit. I demonstrated the technique several times saying this is when they will hit right as the current was about to be overcome by the next wave rushing over the rocks. He didn't listen or take the demonstration to heart and as I caught a bunch of Striped Bass he kept wining about his rod not casting far. I again told him the same thing about right at your feet and added my long casts were scouting for fish down the rocks but I still get the hookups at my feet and a flip cast would be most effective. I must have told him hundreds of times and other than advice about footing on the slippery jetty so he didn't get hurt it was the only thing I told him. After a couple hours he finally got a hook up and guess what he screamed. He screamed, "You're not going to believe it. He hit it right at my feet!!" I just wondered how he every learned to tie his shoes since he doesn't listen to the teacher or watches demonstrations by the teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post

LW's back count strategy will bring down the heat soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    He won't believe a hot burner will burn you until he gets burned no matter how many people tell him he will get burned if he touches it.
    Don't worry, LoneWolf. All of us are probably just jealous of you.

A number of years ago I was scouting a piece of property I own for deer hunting near my cousins house but in a different state than I live and a ridiculously long drive of like 12 hours. I still have never hunted either of my 2 properties there but I visited my cousin and a bunch of other family members when I was there. I told him what I was up to and he said he would be interested in hunting the property. He was an uneducated farm hand. I told him he could because I doubted I would make the drive and would appreciate if he would keep an eye on the properties in my absence. I told him the 2 places I would set up and wished him luck. A couple of days later he calls me and says he checked out where I said to set up and it was really thick and he didn't think he would see many deer. I told him it was were the deer hang out and if he sees a deer he will get it and it was the most likely place to run into the legendary monster buck everyone had been hunting for years. He thought about what I said and it made sense. He bagged that monster buck the first day in there. His son started hunting a few years later and they set up on both spots and did well until my cousin died when the tractor rolled on him. I ran into his son lately and he told me to come up and stay with him and he will take me deer hunting. He said he like hunting the thickets and I could stay at his house. I just grinned thinking his Dad learned quickly and taught him well. His Dad may have been an uneducated farm boy but he was very teachable. I only had to explain it to him once. He thought about and got it and put the lesson to practice immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Heed the warnings.

Words of Wisdom from Stealth.

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Forewarned is forearmed.

A common human failing, especially for males under 30.
    Im also not your average counter in looks, style of play, and motivation. Get ready for a Ken Uston type of assault. Of course much smaller betting levels than Ken, but nonetheless similar.
    Last edited by LoneWoLF; 06-01-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWoLF View Post
    Im also not your average counter in looks, style of play, and motivation. Get ready for a Ken Uston type of assault. Of course much smaller betting levels than Ken
    If 'not your average' means below average, and "Ken Uston type" means banned everywhere, I hear ya dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    If 'not your average' means below average, and "Ken Uston type" means banned everywhere, I hear ya dude!
    Yea keep spending all your time on this forum instead of at the tables. Looks like you're the one banned or just another fake AP on these forums that doesnt even play but gives out advice.

Yea keep spending all your time on this forum instead of at the tables. Looks like you're the one banned or just another fake AP on these forums that doesnt even play but gives out advice.
    LOL, yeah I've never played before, I'm a fraud, you caught me! Listen to you, comparing yourself to Uston. I don't play full-time, that much is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    LOL, yeah I've never played before, I'm a fraud, you caught me! Listen to you, comparing yourself to Uston. I don't play full-time, that much is true.
    I gave you two options. I said you're either banned or never played before. Did I say you were a fraud and that was it? People on this forum make me go LOL

fake AP
    Did I say you were a fraud?
    fake1
    f?k/
    noun

a person who appears or claims to be something that they are not.
    synonyms: charlatan, fraud, fraudster,mountebank, sham, quack, humbug,impostor, hoaxer,cheat, trickster; informalphony, con man, con artist,scam artist
    "that doctor is a fake"

Blog Entries

Quit fighting each other and remember who the enemy is.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Quit fighting each other and remember who the enemy is.
    Carbs!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123