Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An open message to the counter I saw Monday night

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Boz, my apologies in advance, as I am not trying to contradict you, but rather, seek clarification.
    You and Bodarc are real gentlemen. Either that or you guys think I'm bi-polar after Stealth and Ear of Eagle and don't wanna step on a land mine. If it's the latter, don't worry, I usually know who's maligning me and who's not. But most likely it's always the former no matter the circumstances.

Did you mean that low cards already came out, rather than are coming out?
    No

As we know, if low cards have been dealt, then the RC should be in a higher positive territory, since there are now more high cards remaining (no matter you preferred counting system) in the shoe, than low cards. Consequently, the probability is higher that you will see more high cards than low cards in the next round(s).
    Yes. But you can't bet into that rising count before it rises, nor would you want to. An example of how betting into a rising count fails, in retrospect, is when the shoe ends on TC +12...you probably didn't have an advantage on those +2 counts. Let's pretend we're partially psychic. We're on 6D (my fav). We know the TC is going to continuously rise until it hits +4, then it will tank. What do you bet the first time the count hits TC +3? The answer is zero or the minimum. It's a false count; the deck is actually negative at that point in time because it has more low cards than high cards remaining, in the interval, based on the best info available.

Now obviously that doesn't happen in real life. The only time probability favors the running count rising is when the relevant portion of the shoe is negative. So you wouldn't bet into a rising count. You only bet AFTER a count has already risen. It's kind of a flaccid point because probability favors the true count remaining static--which means almost the same distribution of high-to-low as currently exists. Maybe a better way to put it is you don't bet at +3 anticipating the count will rise to +4...if anything, you are anticipating the count will stay the same or drop.

Now I don't know if S-G knew that and just kinda mixed his words, or didn't really know and had mixed ideas. You can know almost nothing about counting and be fine so long as you faithfully execute; either which way, I'm sure S-G is perfectly capable. But since Barney is almost certainly not fine based on the voodoo stuff, I thought I'd mention it.
    Last edited by Boz; 05-28-2016 at 12:14 AM.

i am raising my bet as the count get higher (true count) that should mean the remaining deck is richer in high cards ,what is so wrong with my understanding? i think i should be getting something right 3000 -4000 hours of play ,very low 4 figures turned into 6 figures .

It is a lot of fun when you cut the rich slug and put in just after the first half of a deck of a 6 deck shoe .The other counter just bet minimum while you keep pushing max bets and then i put a lot of small cards at the first 2 decks and he just keep pushing out large bets and not catching anything. why? the rich slug is in the 4th to 5th deck. that is the fun of bj instead of counting where every dealer/ploppy just give you a bad look and it is so easy to spot.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    i am raising my bet as the count get higher (true count) that should mean the remaining deck is richer in high cards ,what is so wrong with my understanding?
    Nothing, that is how we do it.

Bet when the count indicates an edge. That's the easy part. How to do it without getting caught.

The hard part is getting away with it ,Lately it is probably finding a game that you can play for good money and not just 15 minutes ,LOL

What is a green chipper? Is someone spreading 25- 300 a green chipper , what about 25-500 , how about 25-500 or 25-1000 ,maybe even 25- 2 x 1000?

A green chipper 's minimum bet is $25-$99. Above that you are a blackchipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    A green chipper 's minimum bet is $25-$99. Above that you are a blackchipper.
    My minimum bet is $0. What am I, a white-chipper? Your minimum bet means next to nothing. Not a rule, but your bet at TC +2 is a decent indicator. It's a fairly vague set of archetypes, and you cannot set arbitrary boundaries as if you know more than the person who asked the question. 25-2 x 1000 is clearly not a green-chipper.
    Last edited by Boz; 05-29-2016 at 05:55 AM.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    "What is a green chipper?"
    A Green Chipper is someone who bet's green chips;

meaning that his "unit" or base bet is $25 or $50;

but s/he rarely bets (actual) black chips.

With a betting ramp of
    $25 to $250 ~ we refer to that as "Light Green Action"

Betting (perhaps)
    $50 to $300 ~ we generally refer to as "Chunky Green Action."

Prospective Card Counters need to understand that the actual "bet spread" or "betting ramp"

needs to be customized to the game at hand, and will vary wildly depending on the synergy of

the factors that we subsume under the term "Table Conditions"

Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 05-29-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    A Green Chipper is someone who bet's green chips; meaning that his "unit" or base bet is $25 or $50; but s/he rarely bets (actual) black chips.

With a top bet of (perhaps) $250 we refer to that as "Light Green Action"

Betting (perhaps) $50 to $300 we generally refer to as "Chunky Green Action."
    ZMF, it might prove educational for some newer members if you would provide a bet spread exemplar for each of those max bets, and not just the range max.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Banned or Suspended

"ZMF, it might prove educational for some newer members if you would provide a bet spread exemplar..."
    Post #36 edited as per your suggestion, learned counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    A Green Chipper is someone who bet's green chips;

meaning that his "unit" or base bet is $25 or $50;

I'm not in love with units as the hard and fast rule. 25-250 doesn't seem light to me. 15-175 seems light.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast