Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blackjack Society Web Site/ Book / etc.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

The Blackjack Society Web Site/ Book / etc.

Having seen the theblackjacksociety.com website mentioned in a previous thread (Frank Gavin), my curiosity, and long held fondness for attractive women, motivated me to do some more research on this apparent newcomer to the AP scene.

On their website I found they already (?) have a book offered chronicling all their escapades from poor minimum wage jobs to high rolling women under the training and direction of the "Boss". So, giving in to gambling addiction , I bought and read their book. Needless to say it will not get sequenced in my AP library near any important books to date.

I will suggest that the book, website and whole concept has a strange feeling of professional promotion about it. The whole idea of three beautiful women and a boss in the shadows reeks of a Charlie's Angels concept only with AP blackjack as the source of exciting adventures.

Whoever penned the book is knowledgeable in blackjack advantage play, as described, but with many innuendos regarding secret things that they are under contract not to disclose. Some of the troubling issues in the text where things like basic strategy errors, and a litany of bullshit about how to get away with it, while loving the comps and free stuff. Then how there was only a slight, oh by the way, mention of losing sessions. Many of the stories of "trips" stretch the details to make it look like a series of parables, with you learning a key lesson from each. Check out the one on stealing from the team!

And then way over about page 218 in, we were treated to one of the best kept secrets, "card clumping". The "Boss" saved this lesson until the girls were far enough along in their training and experience to benefit from the information. He presented it from an obscure and unpublished document he kept in his briefcase. He was emphatic, that when the dealers up card is a 10 or an Ace three times in a row then we must leave that table as it is clumped with high cards. I was reluctant to share this with a semi-public audience due to its apparent value but my excitement could not be contained. I had to tell someone that could benefit from it.

In summary, I read the book, both the lines and between the lines, and this whole story and has a problem with reality. I need not go into further detail, when for only $13.95 you can learn for yourself.

I did reach out to the "girls" to say hello through their contact email on their website and was told they are traveling until August and they will follow up then! After-all, there is still the issue of three good looking ladies.

Don, please be kind with your corrections to my use of the language.

theblackjacksociety.com if you find the need..........

Stealth
    Last edited by Stealth; 05-18-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Stealth, I also attempted to buy the book, but through a seller on AbeBooks. Paid for it, then several hours later, was advised by AbeBooks that seller did not have book, and refunded my purchase.

Glad to hear from your misfortune that it wasn't even worth the price of the ebook. No disrespect intended.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

"Don, please be kind with your corrections to my use of the language."

Language was fine, thank you. Wondering if the Boss is Jerry Patterson!

Don

Is there a centerfold?
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    Is there a centerfold?
    No but there are black and white pictures in the back with faces blacked out. No picture of the "Boss" however!

Bought the book on Amazon.
    Last edited by Stealth; 05-18-2016 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Wondering if the Boss is Jerry Patterson!

It would not surprise me. Also, would expect a low budget movie very soon.

Stealth, not sure how you read book, unless you purchased their kindle $4.49 version, as you stated price is $13.50. Just checked and $13.50 is the price for paperback copy, "once available". Sorry to get distracted, but did you misspeak?
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Stealth, not sure how you read book, unless you purchased their kindle $4.49 version, as you stated price is $13.50. Just checked and $13.50 is the price for paperback copy, "once available". Sorry to get distracted, but did you misspeak?
    No, I bought the 13.50 paperback copy from Amazon. Made notes in margins.

Note, this thing is double spaced, so it is 347 pages that could have been <200. It is not a hard read. All fluff, no substance.

AAAAGIrls.JPG
    Last edited by Stealth; 05-19-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Stealth,

Understood. When I originally posted the reference to their website and book, Amazon listed the paperbook as Currently Unavailable, with only the kindle downloadable version being available at $4.49 or $4.99 (CRS kicking in today).

I attempted to order a copy from Irish Booksellers on AbeBooks.com, paid with my credit card, then several hours later, voila, AbeBooks issued me a credit explaining that the seller (did not identify it as Irish Booksellers) did not have the copy to fill the order.

Maybe I'll be able to find a copy in the bargain book bins soon.

Frank.....you and Stealth ONLY want it for the pictures............ala "reverse Playboy mag psychology"?

Stealth's NON-AP play was paying shipping! LOL
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by MJGolf View Post
    Stealth's NON-AP play was paying shipping! LOL
    On second thought, perhaps I should auction off my copy of the book in hopes of achieving a "loss rebate"!!

I am sure I could let it go for $20 including shipping!!!! LOL

Sigh, when I heard of this site I thought maybe one of them could be the future Mrs. Romes... but like all the other fairy tales that sound too good to be true, they're not true. I guess now all we have left is to be SHOCKED that an "all female blackjack team" (showing cleavage on their site/book cover) aren't actually a big bad knowledgeable AP team?

Disappointing to hear about "the Boss." At least the original concept of an all women team was semi-exciting. Now it's just a team run by a guy who happens to have some women players on it. Hell, my team has a girl on it...

Stealth, you said it came across mostly as promotion, but what was it promoting? Group lessons/seminars, products, or 1 on 1 "special" training?
    Don't think you have a winning game; know you have a winning game.

Quote Originally Posted by Romes View Post
    Stealth, you said it came across mostly as promotion, but what was it promoting? Group lessons/seminars, products, or 1 on 1 "special" training?
    Most likely a movie.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast