Thread: A Non-BJ Thread RE: Nuclear Weapons Testing 1945-1998

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

A Non-BJ Thread RE: Nuclear Weapons Testing 1945-1998

Spend a fast moment watching this video.

I had no idea that there had been so many ...

http://www.ctbto.org/specials/1945-1...sao-hashimoto/

They didn't count the 2 dropped on Japan. I would call them tests since so little was known about the bombs at the time. After them the world decided to not use them in warfare again. Just like the fire bombing of Dresden was a test. The US never repeated this tactic as it had far too much civilian loss of life. Chemical and germ warfare are in the same boat although Sadam used such agents a number of times in the war with Iran. The tactic tended to backfire as shifting winds brought the agents to his own troops who where killed indiscriminately. I will not go further as that would be getting political but groups sanctioned by no government seek to use any of these to encourage the world to follow suit.

They didn't count the 2 dropped on Japan. I would call them tests since so little was known about the bombs at the time. After them the world decided to not use them in warfare again. Just like the fire bombing of Dresden was a test. The US never repeated this tactic as it had far too much civilian loss of life. Chemical and germ warfare are in the same boat although Sadam used such agents a number of times in the war with Iran. The tactic tended to backfire as shifting winds brought the agents to his own troops who where killed indiscriminately. I will not go further as that would be getting political but groups openly sanctioned by no government seek to use any of these to encourage the world to follow suit.

Very informative video.. Did not realize the number of events and most assuredly did not expect so many in Nevada that may be cause for us to glow in the dark!

I don't think the concepts of half-life have expired yet?
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!