Thread: Which one of you wise guys?--2

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Which one of you wise guys?--2

...was counting DD rated with a 1-4 spread at first base? With a high level card? And witnessed me get whipped so badly, I lost my composure and tried to take cards after busting?

No ploppy nonsense. This person may or may not be a pro counter and may or may not be on the board, but he was sharp enough to raise his bet whenever the count was favorable. He was also sharp enough not to play like a systematic robot--something I pretty much disregard due to bankroll constraints. And that's an indication that he might be more experienced than me. He's also sharp enough to request a shuffle at opportune times, when it wouldn't be suspicious to refuse to play a negative count. But how's he expect to do anything with a 1-4 spread? Let me guess, probably a ploppy, cuz counter's are so rare in Vegas.

Was he getting the HC?

Banned or Suspended

Playing for comp's ?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post

Playing for comp's ?
    I seriously doubt it. His card was a high tier. If they rate him like they do me, they're just going to put in his minimum bet...2x if he's lucky...and wonder aimlessly around the pit the entire shift. He wouldn't possibly get that card playing blackjack unless he plays literally everyday, based on the duration of his session Although I have seen this guy before--can't remember where. So there's a high probability that he does play tables with some degree of frequency.

Mofungoo--I seriously doubt he was getting the hc. The only time I've ever got the hc was against an obviously inept dealer, so I'm no expert in seeing a flash. But I sat in his position previously and saw nothing; and he was taller. He made no strategy deviations that I noticed; not to say that I was paying close attention. Plus, his spread makes no sense to me if he was HCing.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    ...Mofungoo--I seriously doubt he was getting the hc...
    He would also more than likely be flat betting larger amounts or barely varying his bets at all... Why spread and bring attention to your bets on a blackjack table when you have a static advantage every round?

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    "If they rate him like they do me ..."

He can easily be "playing for comps" by becoming a "tombstone" and playing endless hours.

Playing 6 hrs. at a $150 average bet is the (algorithm) equivalent of 2 hrs play at $450.

Flash, he wasn't betting anywhere close to that much and he left after an hour.