Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Lo index for doubling 11 vs 10 on ENHC with BJ wins all

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hi Lo index for doubling 11 vs 10 on ENHC with BJ wins all

I have never used HI LO so I am sure you can answer a question a friend of mine asked me

Playing ENHC with BJ wins all rule, BS means not to double 11 against 10.

1) Is there an index for doubling under these rules?

2) if 1) answer is yes, which index would it be? Please specify if they are EV maximizing or RA.

Thanks in advance

No

Quote Originally Posted by Goodboy View Post
    1) Is there an index for doubling under these rules?

2) if 1) answer is yes, which index would it be? Please specify if they are EV maximizing or RA.
    Yes, the index play for doubling 11 vs 10, under described rule, is TC +4 (Professional Blackjack by Wong). It is EV maximizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodboy View Post
    Playing ENHC with BJ wins all rule
    Quote Originally Posted by Banker View Post
    Yes, the index play for doubling 11 vs 10, under described rule, is TC +4 (Professional Blackjack by Wong). It is EV maximizing.
    He loses both his double and his main bet to a BJ. That makes doubling not a play for 11vA. Oops he is talking 11vT. I think you still don't have an index but a one may exist. But to come up with the correct index you need to specify number of decks used. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

This is incorrect for ENHC. Wongs index is NOT for ENHC, which loses all against dealer BJ.

There is logically no 11v10 double with ENHC rules, and don't think there is one. If anything, a double might, that is, might be warranted, with an ace sidecount, where there is a deficit of aces remaining.

Leave well enough alone and forget it.

Freightman
    For ENHC, there is no reason to have any modification of play unless the double bets lose to dealer BJ. If not, then whether the dealer has a hole card or not is irrelevant. As Three indicated, under these conditions, you should not double 11 against dealer's ace. I would also add that you should not double 10 against dealer's ace or 10. So, the one one to double is 11 against dealer's 10 at +4. Leaving it alone is leaving money on the table. I have also found that it makes the person looks like a real gambler, as many people are afraid to do it.

For further information the game is 6 decks and S17.

So.... are you guys sure it's +4 (EV maximizing) under ENHC with BJ wins all?

Freightman
    For ENHC, there is no reason to have any modification of play unless the double bets lose to dealer BJ. If not, then whether the dealer has a hole card or not is irrelevant. As Three indicated, under these conditions, you should not double 11 against dealer's ace. I would also add that you should not double 10 against dealer's ace or 10. So, the one one to double is 11 against dealer's 10 at +4. Leaving it alone is leaving money on the table. I have also found that it makes the person looks like a real gambler, as many people are afraid to do it.
    You're clearly confused between ENHC and NHC. You lose all at an ENHC game double with dealer getting BJ. You Lose original bet only at NHC game. Also, consider risk averse indexes with a 10 v 10 double. Done correctly, you will make more money, since you can afford a higher max bet.

No, I am not confused about it. It is very clear. You always lose your original bet to dealer's BJ. So, the only time you need to revise the index (for 11 vs 10) from -4 to +4 is when you lose the double. Check it out in the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    You're clearly confused between ENHC and NHC.
    You are the one whose confused.
    Banker is correct, the hilo index for that play is +4.

Goodboy, I can vouch that you can trust Bjarg. If he says the index is +4 you can bet on it.

No, I am not confused about it. It is very clear. You always lose your original bet to dealer's BJ. So, the only time you need to revise the index (for 11 vs 10) from -4 to +4 is when you lose the double. Check it out in the books.
    I stand humbled. It seems counter intuitive to double 11v10 where dealer BJ takes all, but it's there, Wongs Professional Blackjack, page 82 in the S17 table at +4. No double appears in the table for 10v10.

Thanks all for your answers. Seems pretty clear!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast