Thread: Longevity advice

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Longevity advice

I play at my local store 1-2 times/week and I'd very much like to remain welcome there. So far I haven't felt any heat at all but I admit I'm worried. The game I play is: 6D, H17, DAS, Sr, $25 min, 75-80% pen. I play HiLo with about 40 risk averse indices. I play rated. I currently spread from 25 to 300 and Wong in at +1.5, Wong out at <0. I don't jump bets in my ramp but I will increase a bet after a loss or decrease a bet after a win if the count calls for it. Very occasionally, I have to walk around for 60 minutes before I find an open seat at a table with a favorable count (making me feel very conspicuous).

I do the following things to look more like a ploppy. I usually come after work still wearing my tie. I tip when I leave if I've won money. I talk with the dealer and occasionally the other players. I show emotion after wins and losses. I slap my hand on the table when dealt my second card after an Ace to use my mojo to make it a 10. I struggle and delay slightly before taking insurance or making close plays. I never split tens. If my last bet in a shoe is a big bet, I usually leave (although if I'm losing I'll often move to a new pit to play some more). My opening bet is usually $50 and then I'll drop to $25 unless the count jumps to 2. When back-counting, I try to show interest in other things (craps table, basketball game, etc.). I use bathroom breaks and phone calls to avoid negative counts when practical. I try to come on different days of the week.

Questions:
    1) Am I being overly paranoid? At my low stakes, do they really care? Maybe I'm fine just as I am.
    2) Should I decrease my spread but increase my minimum bet (i.e. spread 1-3 or 1-4 with $100 minimum Wonging in at +2). The lower spread would be less obvious but I'd spend even more time back-counting.
    3) Should I play more off the top of the shoe and stick through negative counts (things I rarely do)?
    4) Should I not give them my player's card (though they have my picture and ID already)?
    5) Should I vary my bets more conservatively (only increase after a win and only decrease after a loss?)
    6) Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    If you're concerned, you don't need the 1-12 spread if you're wonging out at 0. Keep your 12 unit bet, but invpcrease your minimum effectively reducing your spread. You don't need it if you're not playing negative counts. Don't worry about the higher off the top bet - especially if it's an ASM, and because the new deck has a different "flow"