Thread: Simming blackjack variants

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Simming blackjack variants

Does CVData have the ability to sim any of the common blackjack variations (switch, free bet, S21)?

I'd imagine S21 as being possible to sim, but I'm interested in switch in particular.

EDIT: Apparently CVData does have this capability (see link below). Would Norm or anyone else offer me any tips/advice/walkthroughs on this? I have a feeling I'd have a hard time making sure I set everything correctly.
    https://www.blackjackinfo.com/knowle...kb-post-158441
    Last edited by NotEnoughHeat; 02-24-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Set the push 22 as a negative bonus and you can get EORs and indexes for the push 22 games. This will make it so you can play the game, and you can back into the EV/hour with count frequency charts. Not laser precision on your EV/hr., but you'll know you're playing and betting correctly (the important part).

IIRC there is a way to do the free bet option as well, but I cannot remember what it is.

No idea how to do switching.

I've been meaning to work on a comprehensive project for these for some time, but I never quite get around to it.
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Set the push 22 as a negative bonus and you can get EORs and indexes for the push 22 games. This will make it so you can play the game, and you can back into the EV/hour with count frequency charts. Not laser precision on your EV/hr., but you'll know you're playing and betting correctly (the important part).

IIRC there is a way to do the free bet option as well, but I cannot remember what it is.

No idea how to do switching.

I've been meaning to work on a comprehensive project for these for some time, but I never quite get around to it.
    Thanks for the response, you've been very helpful in revealing and discussing how to approach this game to me.

The article on discount gaming claims that the EORs for switch strategy isn't very strong anyways, so it probably isn't very important to figure out switch indices.

However, a concern I have is that just having the switch option increases you expectation. Without being able to account for that advantage in your game it seems that you would be under betting since you'd be just simming a push 22 game (along with other negative advantages such as 1:1 BJ which for my game results in ~2.3% HE increase). If the house edge is high enough compared to the EORs (which it should be since it's similar to regular BJ) you might rarely ever have a chance to put down anything other than a min bet according to the sim. You say that you can figure out the correct betting, so was there someway around this issue?