Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your best dealer error?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

What's your best dealer error?

Was playing at a store tonight that had the buster blackjack. First time I ever played at a store offering that side bet. At least a dozen times the dealer didn't take my buster bet when he didn't bust and he payed me on one bust and I quickly picked it up. And he actually paid me AGAIN on it which was 20 dollar bet which was 2 to 1 odds. The table also had a 6 card bust that paid 15 to 1 and I had 10 bucks out there so that was nice little cherry on top. All in all I calculated it to be 150 dollars worth of errors in my favor on a just a side bet. . . What's yalls best dealer error story?

I had a dealer that hit all soft hands. Once, drew to a soft 21, hit it with a ten, declared she had busted, and paid the table.
    The Cash Cow.

Instead of losing a $1200 bet I was paid $1600.

Once bought in for $450 but was handed $600 in chips. Transaction was verified by the pit boss!

Banned or Suspended

I was overpaid on a high stakes buy-in by precisely $1,000.
    Eventually, perhaps 45 minutes later they asked for it back.

I busted a hand as the count went up and put out double my previous bet before the other hands at the table had been resolved. The dealer busted and paid me twice what I had just lost.

I had a $500 bet which I get 18. Dealer up card is a ace. The count warrants insurance so I flop out 250. No blackjack for the dealer. She reaches in her tray and pays my insurance bet. Dealer draws out to a 4 card 19. She pays my $500 bet. I was waiting for the phone call or something to happen. Nothing happen as I sat there for about a hour. That always made me wonder if anybody is watching at all after that sequence of events. Strange.

Okay okay. Don't recall the exact hand - it was 2x250 or 350with splits galore, maybe. Double thrown in - experienced dealer got sidetracked and paid all secondary bets. Picked up about 2k.

My best single error was probably a time when i had two max bets out and the dealer has an Ace up. I put out insurance and the dealer has a blackjack. She pays the insurance bets and forgets to take my bets in the circles. I waited a few seconds to give her time to see her error. She just starts gathering up the cards so I scoop all the chips towards me. I kind of expected surveillance to call down and have me return the chips at some point but I played there for a couple more hours without that happening.

bought in for 3k dealer cuts out 5k and floor approves .. played 10 hour session and they never asked for the cash back

Bought in for $300 on a green chip table, I asked for some red and white chips. Dealer proceeds to cut out some huge amount, at least $1k+. I figured it was an odd time for the dealer to "clean up the tray" (organize greens into $500 stacks plus a lammer, reds in $100 stacks + lammer, etc.)....until dealer said, "$300, going out!" boss turns around, appears to count the chips, followed by, "Go ahead." I never got my red & whites though...
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

My bet was a black and 4 greens. I doubled, but I had been playing too long, and I mistakenly only put out 5 greens.
    Dealer pays me $250, but after I take my chips, she realizes she shortchanged me.
    After alot of confusion, she tells me to put my bet back in the circle; I then happened to put back the black plus 5 greens.
    She said to put out the double also, so I then put out 9 greens.
    Floor person comes over, dealer explains what happened, floor approves and dealer pays $450, not having taken back the original $250 she paid.
    So I got paid $700 on a $325 bet.
    Last edited by Thirdbaseman; 02-17-2016 at 05:59 PM.

ZenMaster; That would be an automatic disqualification since you weren't permitted to keep anything.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast