See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fkn ploppies

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Learn How to Think
    It is precisely as likely that whatever the interloper did,
    would have made you a winner as made you a loser.

Selective memory runs on negative emotion.
    Negativity stands out as you feel victimized.
    When someone else's actions bring a windfall
    you forget about it at once, as you secretly
    imagine that you deserve such good fortune.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Perfectly said, ZMF.

I do find it a slight annoyance when a ploppy does a crazy deviation from BS and it negatively effects the table, but to the same tune, if a ploppy makes a crazy deviation from BS and it works I will be giving them a high-five.

Gotta look like a gambler.

To ZMF and Sweaty,

If you read the OP carefully, the issue is not how the ploppies played their hands, but the fact that they pointed out dealer errors on 3 separate occasions that would have worked out in klove's favor. Many of should know that how others at the table play their hands has no affect on our long term results, but this isn't the case here. Some civilian felt the need to point out that the dealer in fact did not bust when she made a 6-card 21, etc.

I understand but the thread had transitioned to "this guy jumped in and 'cost' me 5k!"

As far as ploppies pointing out errors, my friend Kurt Vonnegut says it best; "so it goes."

It sucks to get busted, but anyone who feels entitled to dealer errors is....silly.. in my opinion.

I have and have not pointed out errors in the ploppies favor. I guess it depends on the situation. Most people try to do the right thing.

In my experience ploppies believe the dealers are under a lot more scrutiny and are more likely to lose their job for errors than they actually are; of course policy can vary greatly between places.

Sorry. Didn't catch that transition.

I've a lot of stupidity in situations at a table full of people. You could likely work some mathematical equation showing the formula on how the more people you gather together in one place the greater chance for acts of gross stupidity to occur. I've seen it go the other way and no one at the table says a word on occasion, though. You can't let those "coulda woulda shoudas" bother you in selective memory. There will always be other times when the situation works in your favor. No problem venting about it, I know I have over the years.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 02-11-2016 at 02:50 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12