Thread: BJ Tournaments

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

BJ Tournaments

My understanding is that typically the button will move and dictate who bets first, and who acts on their hand first but the cards are always dealt the same (from 1st to 3rd base) I have heard recently from people who say the cards should be dealt as if the button was 1st base so say spot 3 has the button the cards go to 3,4,5,1,2,dealer,etc.. Just curious what peoples thoughts on this was? Is there a "standard"?

There is no difference at all. This would do nothing but increase dealer errors, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by decimus View Post
    My understanding is that typically the button will move and dictate who bets first, and who acts on their hand first but the cards are always dealt the same (from 1st to 3rd base) I have heard recently from people who say the cards should be dealt as if the button was 1st base so say spot 3 has the button the cards go to 3,4,5,1,2,dealer,etc.. Just curious what peoples thoughts on this was? Is there a "standard"?
    I play a lot of of tournaments and, most of the time, the cards are dealt as though the button is 1st base. Exceptions that I have seen include

• Most online tournaments deal from the actual 1st base.
    • Accumulation style tournaments, where you're competing against the entire tournament field and not just the players at your table, sometimes don't even bother with a button.

While betting and acting in order according to the button is crucial, Nyne is correct that the dealing of the cards according to the button has no effect except to greatly confuse many dealers which causes significantly more errors.
    Last edited by Gronbog; 12-03-2012 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Typos (again)