Thread: Android app issues after upgrading Android System WebView

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Android app issues after upgrading Android System WebView

Good morning:

I noticed issues with seriously slow speeds on the Android app, not the dealing and payoff speeds but the time the device spent "thinking" e.g. about whether I or the dealer busted, and taking a long amount of time (1-2 seconds) after I either took or declined insurance.

I thought it was random at first, and rebooted my device several time with no change.

Eventually, I noticed that Android System WebView had upgraded itself, to version 47.0.2526.100 (released Jan. 4, 2016).

My device is a Samsung Galaxy S4, running Android version 5.0.1.

Will be happy to share any additional information needed.

Thanks,
    CBinMS

Blog Entries

My apps don't use Webview. Check the apps speed settings.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I have android and have no problem with speed but every now and then a message pops up that says "Error". You can still use the app with no problem and the game app plays normally. I have no idea what is causing that. This is not an error on your play but some kind of system error.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Blog Entries

If it occurs at the start, it is an error trying to access the 'net to see if there is an update.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I turn the internet off when not using it so that is probably the problem. Is there any way to override automatic updates?
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Blog Entries

It's an automatic function. It isn't supposed to give an error when it finds the 'net inaccessible -- but does on some devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    My apps don't use Webview. Check the apps speed settings.
    Norm, with the Webview update installed, I have the problem regardless of the speed settings. I can have the dealer speed and payoff speeds set to max and it will deal the cards lightning fast, but it still takes 2-4 seconds after I swipe to decline or accept insurance, or to decide whether I have busted.

I will see if I can capture it on "tape" for an example.

Love the app and CV on PC. Between the app, program, and hours and hours of kitchen table BJ, I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Blog Entries

Has to be a problem with the version of Android on that device.

What is the lowest API supported? What do you use for coding? I'm switching to Xamarin myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Has to be a problem with the version of Android on that device.
    I'm running 5.0.1 - Lollipop. It's the latest update showing as available on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

If no one else is running into this, do you think it could be something other than the Webview update?

Blog Entries

I don't know what Webview is. Samsung is well-known for bad releases of Android. They do eventually fix the problems.