See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illustrious 18 indicies

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    "Hopefully whatever question two is doesn't cause quite as much controversy."

Don't bet on it! :-)

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don
    Looked for it last night - couldn't find it - I'll give it another go tonight - should have bookmarked it

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don
    You can pencil me in for the less controversy the better. But maybe Don, with all due respect, maybe consider there is a thumb pointing back at you? Which may be a root for the controversy. For one thing, maybe the Ill 18 needs to be revisited and expanded. The splitting of 10 vs 5,6 would fall into an alternate category as it over inflates SCORE and carrries a high risk of being 86ed in some parts of the US. It's been 30 years since you established the Ill 18. Even pro sports have expanded and changed considerably to new rules and teams to make the game better during that timespan. Maybe Felt and an Ill 30 or 40 closes the gap between a play all and know all system. You are the Messiah with the gonads to see and prove it.

There is maybe 5 of the 28 systems listed worthy of mention. Some are duplicated, several are outdated considering SCORE is paramount and BC/PE rendered as virtually useless. Perhaps Felt or REKO should be conidered the entry level system to learn. Sure there is a huge leap from single deck to 8 deck just like there is going from Hi LO to Tarzan. Perhaps the huge leap isn't necessary with some common sense, simple logic and viable small steps along the way. Instead of 535 maybe 200 pages of what todays player really needs to know.
    Last edited by moses; 01-27-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    For one thing, maybe the Ill 18 needs to be revisited and expanded.
    LOL moses, I can visualize Don grabbing hands full of hair and yanking it out right now.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

"Looked for it last night - couldn't find it - I'll give it another go tonight - should have bookmarked it."

Don't count on finding it! :-)

Don

"LOL moses, I can visualize Don grabbing hands full of hair and yanking it out right now."

Handfuls. :-) But, little chance of that; I don't have enough left! :-)

Don

this is one hilarious thread! Started so innocently by a simple query...
    By all means Chief, please submit some more!

oh yeah, your question is a valid one
    “One man’s remorse is another man’s reminiscence.” Ogden Nash

Banned or Suspended

You're absolutely right metronome. My apologies. But I wouldn't have made the point in this thread had the other one not disappeared.

For one thing, maybe the Ill 18 needs to be revisited and expanded. The splitting of 10 vs 5,6 would fall into an alternate category as it over inflates SCORE and carrries a high risk of being 86ed in some parts of the US.
    The revisiting is called the sweet 16.

Even pro sports have expanded and changed considerably to new rules and teams to make the game better during that timespan.
    Do you believe the changes to football has made it better? Most say they are destroying the game.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Do you believe the changes to football has made it better? Most say they are destroying the game.
    Certainly Plan B free agency lead to a balance of the league. Peyton brought a new look with the no huddle offense. 2 teams were added. One of which is in the Super Bowl. Watching the games in the 70s and 80s was relating to great football players. Today they look like gladiators. But I think instant replay and too many commercials have slowed the game to a crawl.

I think that the attempt to make football into a big scoring game to attract new viewers has only made long time football lovers that would watch any game that was on find something else to do as often as not. And I think the rules the changed to protect certain areas of the players bodies that went hand in hand with the plan to make football a big scoring game have caused more frequent and more severe injuries to other parts of players bodies. Watching almost every team be devastated by injuries this year screams the point. Injuries used to be far less frequent. More teams waters down the talent pool. More injuries waters down the talent on the field. Most longtime fans don't like it. Many aren't even watching anymore.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123