Thread: Dr. Richard Reid's Software

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dr. Richard Reid's Software

In an old post on here discussing Dynamic Blackjack, George C mentioned Dr. Richard Reid's software which I assume followed his game tracking discussion. George C stated that the software generated a new pass code when it was transferred to another computer.

1. What does the software do? Does it generate the XmR charts and compare your actual results to EV or what?

2. Is it possible to get a copy of the software that has the pass code generation corrected so it can be used?

If anyone has any information I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Bodarc
    Last edited by Bodarc; 12-31-2015 at 02:38 AM.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Recall Norm had a copy on a computer, and if I recall correctly, had a problem with computer and was not able to get software to work again. Dr. Reid's software is nowhere to be found.

Hopefully Norm will chime in and correct my comments, and shed whatever light he can on this matter.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Blog Entries

I think George was talking about Richard's book which is no longer available because of the passcode problem. However, I excerpted the discussion of XmR, etc. and included it in my book. The software to run the calculations I wrote and is free.

Book excerpt: https://www.qfit.com/book/ModernBlackjackPage500.htm
    Free software: https://www.qfit.com/book/index.htm. Scroll down to Chapters 14 & 15.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks, got it.
    Play within your bankroll, pick your games with care and learn everything you can about the game. The winning will come. It has to. It's in the cards. -- Bryce Carlson

Bodarc,

I have an excel system that implements Dr. Reid's system for determining abnormal variance, which I believe, with some further work, can be a guiding light to players on how their performance compares to their game models.

His system dictates a similarity of sessions that needs the ability to normalize. He identified this issue and indicated he might solve in a future book, but I do not believe he published any subsequent work on this topic.

Actually, I have a long standing interest in this topic and continue to research how to expands its use.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

I know you do Stealth. A very good program as well. I asked the question because from something he wrote, it appeared he had a software program that went along with his ideas but I suppose it was just the password for the e-book that was lost and not from a program.

He also brought up ideas that I have never read before. I am studying in detail.
    Last edited by Bodarc; 01-05-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries

If someone has a working copy of the e-book, I have permission from him to use it in any manner I wish. I would make it public. He actually lost his own copy when he moved.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse