Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Invest In BJ Team?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How to Invest In BJ Team?

Has anyone on here ever Invested on a BJ Team?
    If so How much?
    What Became of it?

I don't know much about BJ teams, but I do know a bit about business in general. Rule Number 1 - EVERYBODY STEALS! Rule #2 - People in general would rather make a dishonest $5 than an honest $10. How do you like the BJ team-business proposition so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    I don't know much about BJ teams, but I do know a bit about business in general. Rule Number 1 - EVERYBODY STEALS! Rule #2 - People in general would rather make a dishonest $5 than an honest $10. How do you like the BJ team-business proposition so far?
    You could have yourself cloned and if any of your replicas steals, they'll only be stealing from themselves.

Banned or Suspended

I did it last a couple of years ago.

We had $2,000,000 in cash with us.

Each share was $100,000 but that

is an over-simplification as there were

investors, players, and investor-players.

More than one share could be held.

Several famous A.P.'s were involved

All players had to use an advanced count.

I'll not go into any details at all.

I will say that I would never do it again.

I have ethical problems with the most team plays.

I think it more effective to commandeer an entire table with team members. That way everything is above board.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    I think it more effective to commandeer an entire table with team members. That way everything is above board.
    All team members at the same table kinda sorta defeats the purpose of the team - don't ya think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    This is a condemnation of mankind that is blatantly wrong. I have a lot of experience with both teams and business. Our team results were very positive over the life of the team.

1. It is not true that everybody steals.

2. Teams are inherently complex and you should not get involved without competent management and a solid set of defined policies and procedures. There are many, many slippery slopes to be confronted.

3. Player integrity is very important bu there are management techniques to control the exposure.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    This is a condemnation of mankind that is blatantly wrong. I have a lot of experience with both teams and business. Our team results were very positive over the life of the team.

1. It is not true that everybody steals.

2. Teams are inherently complex and you should not get involved without competent management and a solid set of defined policies and procedures. There are many, many slippery slopes to be confronted.

3. Player integrity is very important bu there are management techniques to control the exposure.
    Yes Stealth - I was exaggerating a bit, having been worn down and biased by many years of employee theft in our family's business. I do recognize that you have much experience with team play and I agree with your post.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAce View Post
    Has anyone on here ever Invested on a BJ Team?
    If so How much?
    What Became of it?
    Yes.

Mid Five figures

Team grew both by blackjack and other AP plays. Team made money.

Ran team for two years stopped for health reasons, team re-organized into smaller groups or became lone wolfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    All team members at the same table kinda sorta defeats the purpose of the team - don't ya think.
    Not at all; There is wayyyyy less variance involved when you have 1-3 teammates at the same table firing maxbets . I'm sure you knew that though .
    There is no glory in practice, but without practice there is no glory . -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Orangechip2 View Post
    Not at all; There is wayyyyy less variance involved when you have 1-3 teammates at the same table firing maxbets . I'm sure you knew that though .
    Not what I'm getting at

Quote Originally Posted by Orangechip2 View Post
    Everyone at the same table? I'd much prefer 3 players at separate tables than at the same table. If you want every hand played, then just play every hand. Not to mention the attention you all would be getting, everyone scaling their bets the same, everyone taping insurance at once, everyone wonging out when the count goes bad... plus I think 3 players playing 2 hands each at separate tables makes for less variance than at the same table anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    plus I think 3 players playing 2 hands each at separate tables makes for less variance than at the same table anyway.
    Co-Variance.JPG

This does not apply to playing at multiple tables.

To calculate the variance for multiple tables is:

sum(variance) for each table with the combined standard deviation being the square root of that sum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast