Thread: Help with CVBJ and CVCX

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Help with CVBJ and CVCX

In CVBJ, the RC and TC are no longer displaying on my dashboard and I can't seem to make them reappear. Under customize dashboard, I have checked "Counts" as a dashboard widget. "RC" and "TC" show up on the dashboard and there is a box next to RC but not TC. As I play, the RC always stays at 0 and there is never any data displayed next to TC. It has been working fine for months but I can't seem to fix it. Is there a checkbox somewhere I inadvertently checked/unchecked? It reminds me of the trial version which I don't think displayed the count.

Also, I'm confused about two things in CVCX. If I check Backcount and set it to -1, "100%" is displayed next to the word Backcount and the bottom line results at the bottom are identical to the results seen if I leave Backcount unchecked. This leads me to believe that the archived sim I'm looking at (HiLo Full indices 8D, S17, DAS, Sr RSA 6.5/8 pen) was run assuming that the player doesn't play at counts less than TC -1. Is that correct?

If I then check Departure Adjust and set it to 10, my bottom line results improve DRAMATICALLY (Score goes from 33 to 51 and Win rate goes from $35.08/hr to $54.80/hr with a $15 min and 10:1 spread). I take this to mean that if I leave the table at TC -1 and miss 10 hands before finding a new game I'm way better off than just sitting at the same table waiting (without betting) for the count to recover. Am I interpreting that correctly?

What I really want to know is this: What are my results if I Wong in at TC +1 and table hop/Wong out at TC -1? What settings do I choose in CVCX to tell me this? What might be a realistic Departure Adjust setting?

Thanks so much for any help!

Blog Entries

On the first question: From the main menu on the Blackjack table, select Strategies then Playing Strategies Simple. You currently have a Basic Strategy selected. Basic strategy has no count. Select one of the counting strategies. For HiLo, open the Stanford Wong folder and select 1994 Basic HiLo.

On Wonging: Simply put, this is not simple to sim as it depends on the situation. How quickly can you find a new table? The Departure Adjustment feature was added to sim a methodology devised by GeorgeC. But, is a bit complicated. You are better off just running a user sim using the Wonging feature available before the sim is run by clicking on the Wonging button. This is far more feature-filled.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thanks Norm!