See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Continuing to lose and probabilities

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Tarzan: I've never felt invincible, even when winning big.

But once I almost started singing background music " Counting Stars" to my new words. That wouldn't hace sounded good. Lol.
    I.... feel so right doing the Wong thing!!! 9-5! 9-5! 9-5! Every king that screws her makes me feel alive!!

That's the right idea. Never overestimate the tiny sliver of advantage to be gained from counting. Years back I had some issues with being high on the hog, some personal overspending because of it and then running into a "drought" in the same timeframe causing me to panic, resize my bets and take months to build back up, all the while concerned about the precision of my play and critiquing what I was doing. I wasn't doing anything wrong to cause the string of losses, near perfect play as a matter of fact, it was just a matter of getting bad cards for an extended period. This is a scary prospect for a full time player who wants a ROR to be as near to zero as possible, to crash and burn is not an option. Thankfully, you are not in that situation and have a J-O-B, though!

Maybe if you considered ASC or anything that could tweak your game up though, whatever may be comfortable for you. I'm unfamiliar with what count you use or any of the particulars but Spanish21 is very beatable (just not by me is all as I haven't trained to play it). It's so completely different than regular blackjack and the first time you look at the basic strategy chart for it, you say to yourself, "Oh shit!" It's got its complexities, that's for sure. Bottom line is just evaluate your play, strategize... and it'd be great to hear the opposite of the original theme of this post down the road.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 12-02-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Playing efficiency is the reason why an ace side count is theoretically useful. I get dealt way to many aces on max bet 11 doubles.
    Won back another 1180 today. Only one good shoe but it was all that was needed.
    I.... feel so right doing the Wong thing!!! 9-5! 9-5! 9-5! Every king that screws her makes me feel alive!!

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post

"I believe my edge was slightly less than 1%"
    "I believe my edge was slightly less than 1%"

It was probably more like 0.72% unless your spread was very aggressive.

That was a pretty poor game.

The difference between 60% and 67% is hardly

more than nil with a sample size of 300,

especially as you were playing "White Rabbit."

RESPECT the "Law of Large Numbers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    The human factor can affect results. Errors can hurt results but good instincts can help results.
    AP are supposed not to use instincts. My experience said using indexes of 100% accuracy always yields better results than indexes mixing with instincts.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    AP are supposed not to use instincts. My experience said using indexes of 100% accuracy always yields better results than indexes mixing with instincts.
    There is a difference between being a robotic player vs 1 making adjustments, sometimes subtle, sometimes not, based on nuances. I think your comment is more geared to the "I hit because I had a feeling" mentality.

Sims can be beaten simply by varying the amount of time played. You can easily assess this, if you want, by playing for an exact predetermined time over several sessions vs adjusting your play time to try to achieve your desired result. Your higher percentage win rate will obviously occur when you adjust your play time to suit your desired result.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Most likely MickeyM has 32 aces to worry about but that is just speculation.
    I had a dealer tell me that CSM's were better, because aces kept getting put back into circulation, thus increasing the likelihood of blackjack. He was quite sincere. I didn't comment on the logic.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Not sure I follow you Freighter. Are you saying Aces are not worth side counting? Or just the dealers is an idiot!

Try - try - try . With study and effort, I'm sure you'll figure it out

I have 32 aces to worry about.
    Aces occur more often than picture cards on a 11. Isn't it how interesting I always get a picture card on 12 though.

Banned or Suspended

Mickey,

If you believe what you just posted, and still cannot fathom that

you suffer from "selective memory" why do you continue to play ?

Moses, at least I can double down rescue, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymouse View Post
    Moses, at least I can double down rescue, lol.
    Double down rescue on what cards vs. What Dealers up card?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast