Thread: CVCX - How do I run oone sim with all numbers of players?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX - How do I run oone sim with all numbers of players?

OK so I have what I hope is a simple question. I am running a custom sim using CVCX and I can select the number of players, and can also select to add heads-up. This results in a sim that has a drop down of either 1 player or 5 players. Is there a way that I can also get 2,3, and 4 players to show up in that same sim result, either by merging it with other sims for those numbers of players or better yet by just expanding the original custom sim?

The archived sims seem to include all numbers of players so I'm thinking this must be doable.

I also have CV Data if that matters.

Blog Entries

When you run the sim, you need to select all of the different rules and decks that you want. It will run all combinations.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    When you run the sim, you need to select all of the different rules and decks that you want. It will run all combinations.
    Norm - I need the 6 year old kid version.

I am on the Setup page, in the box that says "Included Decks". For each game (SD, DD, 6D, etc), there is a toggle box for the number of players. Is it possible to run one sim that includes all numbers of players, or do I need separate sims for 2,3,4,5,6 and 7 players? I see that I can add heads-up, but can't see how to add other combinations.

Blog Entries

You need to do this when you create the sim. On the setup screen, you'll see a box Included decks. Turn all of them on and set the number of players for each.

cvcxsetup.jpg
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You need to do this when you create the sim. On the setup screen, you'll see a box Included decks. Turn all of them on and set the number of players for each.

cvcxsetup.jpg
    Yes, I see that, and this helps to run one sim for say 3 players using all numbers of decks (1-8). What I want to do is to run one sim that has data for only say DD, but has that data for all numbers of players.b

Is there a way to run one sim for DD and get data for 1 player, 2 players, 3 players, 4 players, 5 players, 6 players, and 7 players? Or do I need to run 6 separate sims (I see that I can add heads-up to any sim)?

Blog Entries

Ohh. No. No one has ever asked for that.